Possession

Cas walked into the library to find Dean carelessly throwing Men of Letters books over his shoulder. That wasn't like him at all.

"Dean? What are you doing?" Cas asked as he walked closer to him.

"Ugh. Do you have to be here?" Dean said, mostly to himself, as he pressed his forehead to the wall in annoyance.

"Are you okay?" Cas placed a hand on Dean's shoulder, but he shook it off.

"Just leave. I'm trying to find something," Dean stared into the blue eyes with hatred.

"What's wron-"

"Castiel I said leave! Can't you even do that?" Dean shouted. Cas was confused. Dean never called him by his full name, or insulted him like that.

"Dean.."

"What part of leave do you not understand. I swear, you're useless. As a human and as an angel. You always were! Killed half your family, nice move by the way, and can't even have a normal life as a human. You should have stayed dead the many times you died," Dean looked like he was considering something. Searching his brain for information, "I don't how I could ever love you. You're a worthless piece of shit. Just fuck off now."

Cas stared at Dean. He hasn't been home all day, probably at a bar or something, and he comes back like this. He never said anything like that to Cas, even when he's drunk.

That's when Cas noticed it. A small burn peaking out of Dean's shirt. Before he thought about it, Cas dived at Dean and pulled down the hem of his shirt to reveal the anti-possession tattoo completely burned off.

"Sam!" Cas called out, stepping away from whoever was inside of Dean, "SAM GET THE HOLY WATER."

"What's going on?" Sam ran into the library just to be slammed against the wall by an invisible force coming out of his brothers hand.

"It's not Dean, Sam," Cas choked out. He was pushed against the wall too, he was struggling to free himself from the force.

"Well, you two sit tight as I just find what I'm looking for and be on my way," 'Dean' went back to throwing books over his shoulder when Sam started to chant something in Latin. Dean noticed what he was doing a bit too late. By the time he started choking on himself, Sam was too far away to reach. Soon he flew out of Dean with a pile of black smoke. Dean's body collapsed as Cas and Sam were freed from the force.

"Dean!" Cas shouted, running towards him. He searched his body for any wounds but found none other than the burn. Slowly, Dean began to open his eyes.

"Cas?" Dean groaned. He got up with the help of Cas and looked around, "Well that was something."

-----

Cas sat on his bed, replaying the words the Dean said. Technically it wasn't Dean, but demons have access to the meat suits mind when possessing it, so who says Dean doesn't actually think that of Cas?

Knock knock.

The doorknob started turning and the door opened. Dean walked inside, uninvited, and sat down next to Cas on the bed.

"I remember what I said when the dickbag was possessing me," Dean confessed, "it wasn't true, Cas, I don't think you're worthless. I'm glad you didn't stay dead."

"Thank you..." Cas said. He didn't know what else to say. Something else was nagging him, "was the last part true?"

Dean gave Cas a confused look.

"About... You loving me.." Cas stared at his hands. Anything to look at other than Dean's eyes.

"Oh.. He did say that..." Dean awkwardly scratched at the back of his neck.

"It was a stupid question. I apologies," Cas said, sensing Dean's uneasiness.

"No, it's fine. Well demons can access the mind, but they lie most of the time..." Dean put his head in his hands and murmured 'Fuck it.', "Yes, it was true. That was the only true part in that whole thing."

Cas finally looked at Dean. He was looking at the floor. He softly lifted his chin and made Dean look him in the eyes.

"Good," Cas answered. He slowly leaned in and pressed their lips together.