Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Dude give me my hat!!" I yelled at Anthony, who was holding my beanie over my head, laughing at me jumping up and down in an attempt to get it.

"Make me shorty!!" he laughed out. I glared at him.

"I'm not short! You're just tall!" I yelled back, even though I was the shortest in the group. He and Taylor were both taller.

He kept laughing and ruffled my hair, playfully throwing me my beanie. I glared at him, well tried, his smile's contagious, and fixed my hair back, putting my beanie back on.

It's been three days since the whole notebook incident and, since then, Anthony's been the best friend I've had since middle school. He didn't seem to care that everyone labeled him as emo. He seemed happy with it really. But the most shocking part to me is that he hasn't told anyone my dirty little secret. In fact, he hasn't brought it up once. Jut like I haven't brought up his friend.

Even though we haven't talked about any of that, we have talked about other things. Our favorites bands, sports, hobbies, and things like that. I was hesitant to let him close at first, but after having him stand up for me not once but multiple times, I decided it was okay. It's not like I'm telling him my deepest, darkest secrets.

I've been over to his house once, only a few hours though. I had to get back to Mom. His family was alright. Taylor did look just like me, except for the fact the had caramel brown eyes just like Anthony. He, Anthony and I played video games and listen to music together. His Mom was really nice. I didn't meet his Dad though. He was a Marines, according to Anthony. He hasn't brought up going to my house yet, and I was glad he didn't. I'm guessing he will soon though, and I'm dreading that day. Right now we were walking to school. I found out his house was on my way so I could go by there each day an wait for him and Taylor. We walked to and from school together. Anthony had a nice car, but he didn't drive it to school since it was only five minutes away. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't annoyed them yet. I really think I'm just a pity friend. It wouldn't shock me if I was.

"Hey Anth did you tell Kellin about the concert?" Taylor asked, still smiling from Anthony and mine fight over the beanie.

"Oh yea Kel!!! Taylor, my girlfriend and I got tickets to go see Sleeping With Sirens!!! We got four tickets will you come?!" I couldn't help but to laugh at him jumping up and down while grabbing my hoodie sleeve.

"I don't know Anthony.....What day is it?" I couldn't leave Mom alone with Dad. He'd hurt her. I couldn't let that happen.

"This Friday! Please come Kel it won't be as fun without you!" I look down and bite my lip.

"I don't know...." I didn't want to annoy them by being there.

"Come on Kellin! It will be fun!" Taylor said while looking at my hopefully.

I sighed. "What time?" Anthony and Taylor smiled.

"Meet us at our house at 5. We're gonna go out to eat then go to the concert. You can stay at our house, since we'll probably be home around 10." I nodded.

"I'll try. I'm not promising I will though." I couldn't promise that. Mom may need me to get Dad off her. Or Dad could beat me so bad that I can't even get off the floor, which I hope doesn't happen. Anthony smiles his all too familiar smile, making me smile right back. It wasn't even a fake smile. Even though it was a small smile, it was my first real one in a while. Anthony, for the first time ever, hugged me. Not like a little hug but a hug where he picked me up off the ground. Which wasn't hard. I didn't weigh much.

"I'm so glad you'll come!!" His voice sounded so happy, I didn't want to break it to him that I probably wouldn't come. I laughed and hugged him back the best I could. It was awkward for me. I haven't gave someone a hug in so long.....Well other than my Mom.