Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"You need to hide Anth. Look, climb outside on that tree and go onto the roof. I'll come and get you went he's gone okay?" I rush out, pushing Anthony to my window. He shakes his head.

"I-I can't leave you Kel." I shake my head, opening my window.

"Well right now you don't have a choice. Go. Now." I say, pointing out the now opened window. He looks down and walks over to the window, climbing out and onto the tree branch. He turns around just as I'm about to close the window.

"Keep it unlocked, just in case you need me." I sigh and nod, closing it all the way. I watch as he carefully climbs onto the roof and bite my lip, trying to stop myself from shaking. Dad was mad, I could tell. This wouldn't end well. Just as that thought crossed my mind, my door flew open and he walked in.

"There you are." he growled, a smirk planted on his face. I look down at my feet, suddenly finding the pair of socks I was wearing very interesting.

"I got a call from you school. They said you weren't there. Care to explain?" he said, walking towards my and roughly lifting my chin so I was looking him in the eyes.

"I didn't feel well sir...." I whisper, knowing it wouldn't make a difference to answer but hoping it would. He scoffed.

"Really? Poor little you didn't feel good." he teased in a pouting voice.

'Yea. Poor little me. I mean, it's not like you've been tying to kill me or anything. Oh, let's not forget the fact that were burying mom tomorrow. That helps bunches. Can't wait to say my final goodbyes to the woman you killed.' I dig my nails into my hand, trying to stop those words from coming out.

"You know it looks bad in me when you're out right? What if people start to think I'm causing you to be out? Huh? You know what I would have to do then right?" he taunted, a smirk planted on his face. I look down and nodded.

"Yes sir." I knew what would happen. He'd kill me. He'd make it a long, torturous death too.

"You look at me when I'm talking to you-" Before I could say anything back to him, he presses me against the wall and punches me in the jaw. I let my mind slip off, doing my best to ignore the pain of his punches and trying to focus on the pain and satisfaction that my razor would give me once he was done. I got the air knocked out of me a few times from him punching me in the stomach. I was sure he broke a few more ribs. I know it would've lasted longer if it wasn't for the knock on the door. He smirks, dropping me to the ground.

"By the way, Marley is coming over. She'll be staying for a while to. In fact, I'll be asking her to marry me soon. You are expected to treat her with respect. You know what happens if you don't." he said, a smirk still on his face. It made me sick to think that, just four days after he murdered his wife, he was ready to get married to Marley. Better yet, she was okay with marrying him; she knows what he does to me.

"Do I make myself clear?" he growls. I spit out some blood, looking up at him.

"Y-yes sir..." I answer weakly. He nods, walking out of my room and slamming the door. I heard the click of a key being turned, telling me it was locked. I whimpered softly, wishing mom was here. I missed her so much. I was a wreak at the funeral that dad had, for some reason, planed. (I think he just did it to look good.) I have no idea how I'll stay strong while watching them lower her into the ground. I close my eyes tight, not wanting to think about it. But I couldn't avoid them coming. I knew what I wanted, and I knew where it was.

I quickly try to sit up, which took a few minutes, and retched for my razor. I didn't roll up my sleeve, I just pulled my bracelets back. The memories were coming back so quickly. I was too desperate to care about where I usually cut. I made one deep line on my wrist, shutting my eyes tight as I felt pain and relief. I kept my eyes closed, making another mark on my wrist.

"Kellin what are you doing?" I hear someone whisper, pulling my razor away. My eyes snapped open to look at whoever took it and landed on Anthony.

"Give it back..." I pleaded in a small voice. He shook his head.

"I can't Kellin." I weakly glared at him.

"Just give it back. It's not like anyone cares." I said, some how managed to keep my voice strong.

"You wouldn't know if anyone cared because you don't take the chance on letting them in." he snapped. I almost jumped at the sound of his voice. He never used that voice, this was the first time I've heard it. It made me want to take back everything I said and make him happy again. I couldn't do that though. What was left of my pride wouldn't let me.

"I have. And they all left me. They all just got tired of me and left. Katie left because she wanted to be popular, Max committed suicide and mom's dead. The three people I trusted with everything left." I said, willing my voice to be strong.

"How do you know I'll be the same?" he asked, his voice still stern.

"Everyone's like that." He shakes his head. I didn't want to do this. I just wanted to crawl into bed and go to sleep so I would have another reason to cut. That's all I wanted. All I wanted was pain and dizziness. I felt Anthony pulling me up and to the window.

"Wha-But-Wher-" I stuttered out, only to be cut off by him.

"My house. I don't like seeing you hurt." he answers, pushing me out the open window.

'How's that gonna help me any?'

"I'm making you stay with me. You can't cut if I'm there to watch you." he said, as if he read my mind. I carefully climb onto the limb, wishing I could just stay with my razor. I knew he wouldn't give it to me though. Either way, I turned around to face him as he climbed out.

"But Anth I need my razor..." I whisper shamefully. I knew cutting was a horrible thing, but it felt so good. It just makes you forget everything. All you can focus on is the stream of blood running down your body and how good the pain made you feel. I wanted that now. I look down at my wrist, the two new flaws that I had just added to the already long list. My bracelets were starting to turn red from blood.

"No you don't; trust me. We'll take care of your wrist when we get to my house okay?" I shake my head.

"I can't Anth...Dad...He'll hurt me..." I whisper, starting to shake. He climbs over to me.

"Shh shh shh shh it's okay Kel. I'm here. I'm not gonna let him hurt you. Now lets climb down okay?" he asks in a soft, gentle voice. I shake my head, backing up until my back hit the rough tree bark. My breath sped up as well as my heart beat. Tears started to blur my vision, but I forced them back. I covered my head with my hands.

"No no no no no no h-he's gonna hurt me. He always does." Anthony shakes his head and touches my shoulder.

"Kel I-" I jump back, almost falling out of the tree. He caught me before I did though, and pulled me to his chest. I try to get out of his grip. My mind was taking over. Everything was out to hurt me; everyone was my enemy.

"No please let me go!" I yell, trying to squirm out of his grip.

"Shhh Kellin it's okay. It's me." Anthony's voice whispered. It didn't matter though. I had gone too deep into panic. I start pushing on his chest and kicking, desperate for any means of escape. That just made him hug me tighter.

"Kellin be careful. You're about to knock us out of the tree." I shook my head and started pushing more, screaming for him to let me go. He covered my mouth, making my heart beat faster and me to struggle more.

"Kellin stop. You're dad will hear and come up to your room." That made me freeze. I didn't want him to come up here. He'd hurt me. I moved closer to him, not feeling protected, but feeling safer than how I would with dad. He shifted me in his arms, putting my arms around my neck. I started shaking, putting my face into his neck and whimpering a bit.

"Shh sh Kel it's alright. I'm here." he whispers, slowly climbing down the tree. I'm not sure how he managed to carry me and climb down too, but he did. Once we were down, he kept carrying me to his house. I didn't mind that he was carrying me, that was fine, but I didn't want him to carry me there. In my mind, he was still an enemy. I started back to struggling. This, of course, made him hold me tighter.

"Kellin stop." he said in a cold, harsh voice. The harshness made me freeze. He was turning into dad. I started to shake again and tried to slowly move away from him, tears starting to roll down my face.

"P-please don't h-h-hurt me...." I whimpered, trying to move away from him. He shakes his head and pulls me closer to him, making me whimper more.

"I'm not going to Kellin. We're just going to go to my house and get you bandaged up. Then we can go back to your house or you can stay at mine okay?" he said in a soft voice. I sniffed and looked up at him. He was looking down at me, his expression not giving away any of his feelings but one of kindness. I nodded slowly, moving back toward him. I shivered a bit at the coldness, moving as close as I could to him. He was warm. My mind really wasn't functioning right, other wise I would've kept struggling to get out of his grip instead of snuggling into him. Right now, I was more like a six year old than a sixteen year old. That's most likely why I was able to slip into a light sleep in his arms. Just as I was about to go to sleep, I hear him laugh lightly.

"Night Kel."