Chapter 59

Chapter 59

"You're a regular decorated emergency.

The bruises and contusions will remind me what you did when you wake.

You've earned a place atop the ICU's hall of fame.

The camera caught you causing a commotion on the gurney again.

Can't take the kid from the fight

take the fight from the kid.

Sit back, relax

Sit back, relapse again."

I sighed softly, pulling another shirt out of my drawer, folding it up, and putting it in a box. I felt Anna pat my leg softly, probably trying to reassure me in some way.

"Are you okay babe?" I just nodded. I guess I was okay. Since my first panic attack outside, I've had two more mini ones. My vacation away from here came at a price. The memories started attacking me as soon as I stepped through the door. This room, my room, Mom's room, Max's room, was the only place I was semi-okay with. At least some good memories were made here.

"Kellin?" I look up at her. She smiles softly, then leans in a kisses me quickly. There was a little grin on her face. She giggled, then went back to helping me pack my things up.

"Uh Anna?..." I whispered. I felt like I had to whisper. The house was silent, despite the music. She glanced back at me.

"Yea?" I looked down, and then back up to her eyes. It broke whatever was left of my heart to know that this would be one of the last times I saw her eyes in person. I nearly started crying.

'No. You've cried enough today. Just man up and deal with it. She'll probably be over you in a week anyhow. There's no use in crying over her.' I just shook my head to get that thought out. It would be back later though.

"D-did you need something?" She shook her head, a small smirk on her face.

"I just wanted to kiss you. Is that so bad?" she asks while fake pouting. I quickly shook my head.

"No it's just that-well-uh-um...." I paused, not sure what to say. "Just come here." I finally manage out. I open my arms for her. She didn't hesitate to crawl into my lap, nor did I hesitate to wrap my arms around her. There's no telling how long we sat there like that. It just felt right to hold her like this-I never wanted to have to let her go. But I knew I'd have to. Soon enough, I'd be in another state. I could feel a tear running down my cheek. Anna wiped it off. She didn't ask what was wrong. She knew what was wrong. I could see tears started to pool up in her eyes.

"Hey baby, don't cry. You''ll make me cry then." I whispered, wiping off a single tear that had fallen. She gave me a soft smile and laid her head on my chest. Her eyes were trained on mine.

"Kellin, can I ask a stupid question?" I nodded. Her eyes went downwards.

"I-I...Never mind. It's stupid." I shake my head, pushing her bangs back so I could see her eyes.

"No, what was it?" She glanced back up. Sighing, she mumbled, "Do you think you and I are meant to be?"

"Well yea, of course." I answered without even thinking. I didn't want to think about that. Anna was so prefect, I dind't want to consider the fact that she could leave me at any moment for another guy. I like thinking that we are meant to be; that she can't leave me because I was made for her. Maybe that makes me selfish. I don't really know if it does or not. I just know that I can't lose her.

"I've been thinking a lot Kellin....I've been thinking about us and this relationship....And it's honestly the best thing that's ever happened to me. I mean, your the best thing that's ever happened to me. Without you I'd be...Oh, I don't know what I'd be. I guess I'd just be hiding behind a smile still. You, you made my smile a real one Kellin. Thank you for that." she whispered shyly.