Chapter 41

Chapter 41

I was woken up by someone shaking me. No. Not me. No one was shaking me. I was woken up by someone shaking Anthony. Still, I opened my eyes. They were met by warm brown ones and a happy smile. I slightly Hispanic looking man with short, jet black hair was shaking Anthony. He was wearing a Marine outfit that was covered in medals. Anthony's eyes open a bit.

"Hmm?" The man smiles, laughing and standing up straight.

"Mi hijo! Wake up boy!" I couldn't help but to notice his accent. I think he was Mexican, or at least a bit. Anthony closes his eyes again, but no for long. His eyes snap open and he sits up fast, smiling wide.

"Dad!" He jumps up and jumps on the man, almost knocking him over. I smile a bit a him. He was so kid like sometimes. So this was Anthony's dad? I didn't expect it. I thought his dad would look more like him. This man looked nothing like Anthony. It didn't really matter though. He seemed like a nice guy. Anthony finally lets him go after a few minutes of hugging him. Mr. Martinez, I guess that's what I should call him, looked over at me. He looks me up and down, smiling.

"Anthony is this your novio?" Anthony looks down and blushes. I'm not sure what he meant by novio, but it didn't just mean friend, I knew that.

"N-no dad....This is my friend, Kellin." I quickly stand up, but a sudden wave of dizziness hitting me when I did. I ignored it and did my best to smile at him. He smiles right back and hugged me.

"Encantada de conocerte! Ah I'm glad to see you're making friends mi hijo!" Anthony smiles and puts his hand in his pockets. Mr. Martinez lets go of me, still smiling.

"I'm Jose Martinez." he says, sticking out his hand. I smile and shyly take it.

"I'm Kellin Austins." He nods, his smile never leaving his lips. That is, until he looked down at my arms.

"What happened here?" I looked down at them, worried. Could he see my cuts? What if he thought I was insane? What if he makes me stop talking to Anthony because of that? I didn't want to lose him again. I looked down at them, but didn't see cut up skin. Instead, I saw bandages with hints of red on it.

"Oh I um I...." Anthony walks over to me and throws his arm gently around my shoulder, pulling me to his side.

"Would you believe me if I said he skinned his arms in gym, the klutz? He's pretty competitive when it comes to basketball." he lied. I was happy he was here to save me. His dad's smile came back and be nodded.

"Well come downstairs. I have a sorpresa for you and Taylor." With that, he walks out of the room. I look up at Anthony and sigh softly.

"I-I guess I should go home now...." Anthony looks at my and shakes his head quickly, wide eyed.

"No Kellin please don't. I-I-You don't need to take another beating. Stay here alright? Please? Just for a few more hours?" he pleaded, grabbing my hand. I look down, my heart racing. Should I? Would that be okay? I don't want to bother them. Their dad just came home; they would want to spend time with him. I quickly shake me head.

"N-no....Your dad...."

"My dad? Kellin dad's not going to hurt you." I tensed up at that. Hurt me? I hadn't even though about that. His dad could take me out in one punch. But would he? Anthony just said he wouldn't, but that doesn't mean anything. I mean, I've hardly met a man who hasn't hurt me. My heart beat picked up. Anthony leaned forward and hugged me tight. I gripped the front his shirt tightly, shaking slightly. I could feel his hand running up and down my back and that somehow managed to calm me down. Or at least a bit. He looks down at me and flips his hair out of his eyes.