Real Work

Kenya POV-

"Hey babe I'm off to practice wanted to let you know I love you." O tried to give me a kiss, but I shooed him away. I was on the phone waiting for my assistant to answer.

"K a kiss take two seconds." He looked at me.

I quickly kissed him. He stared at me for a second then rolled his eyes, then walked away.

"Good seeing you B. Jus give Unc love." He picked him up. Jus screamed as he lifted him in the air.

"Ssshhhhh. O go somewhere with that." I shook my head and scrunched my face up annoyed.

"Hey Bria. I need you to book me a flight to Charlotte." I was talking to my assistant.

Cam and I had to do the official photoshoot for the line.

O waved to B and Jus and left out.

"What weekend?" She said over FaceTime.

"Auntie K." Jus patted my leg.

"One sec baby." I picked him up and put him on my lap.

"Next weekend. The 15."

She checked the calendar. "Uh, Odell is being honored at LSU that weekend at their homecoming game. We already booked tickets for Baton Rouge."

"I thought that was the following week."

"No, it's that week."

"Shit."

"Oooo Auntie K you said a bad word." Jus reprimanded me.

"Sorry Jus. I meant shoot." I sighed.

"So what do you want me to do?" Bria asked.

I looked at Brandon who gave me the don't ask me face, as he ate an apple.

I looked at Jus and put my forehead to his.

He gave me a kiss. "Love you Auntie K."

"Love you to baby." I kissed his forehead.

"Bria let me call you back."

We hung up and I dialed Cam.

"I'm fired already?" He picked up.

"No." I laughed.

"Whew. I got nervous. Thought you was gon use top ramen instead of me."

"Leave my baby alone. Anyway, I was calling to see if you could do another weekend besides the 15th. O is being honored down at LSU and I don't want to miss it."

"Hold on let me check my calendar."

Come on God. I whispered a prayer. The last thing I needed was for O to
Think I was unsupportive. I do love and support him it's just...🙏🏿😣

"I can't do any other day. But if you can pay for my flight to Baton Rouge there and back, same day I can do that."

"Oh I got you. Thank you so much Cam. Omg thank you. Thank you."