Brother To Sister

Kenya POV-

"Want me and Kia to go with you? Just say the word. Cause we don't know that nigga or his daddy." Brandon and Kia were in my room as I prepared to go talk to Trevante.

This was a little while after O presented me with the dress. O and some of his friends were downstairs playing pool and drinking in the lounge area of the hotel.

"No I can do it."

"We need to come up with some type of code word in case this nigga get out of pocket. Kia what should we do?" B asked Kia.

"Okay we can do, text 1 if you need us to intervene."

"Double 1 if it's an emergency." Brandon added.

"I'm good guys. Thank you."

Brandon and Kia hugged me. "If you don't make it back just know we love you girl." Kia said fake crying.

I laughed pushing them off of me.

They wished me luck and I took the elevator to bar of the hotel where Trevante would be waiting on me.

My entire body was filled with nervousness and a million questions flowed through my head. What was he like? Why now? Did he want something?

I took a deep breath and entered the bar. I spotted him.

He was sitting at a far table in the corner of the room

He was sitting at a far table in the corner of the room. I walked over.

He stood up as I walked over.

"Thank you for giving me chance." He shook my hand and directed me to sit down.

I did. After I sat, he did.

"Where do we start?" He let out a nervous laugh. "I guess I'll go. I'm Trevante. From Baton Rouge, but I live in Houston now. Went to University of Texas."

"How old are you I asked?"

"Uh...22." He said sorta ashamed.

I know why he was ashamed. I was 25. Three years apart. And it further solidified my dad barely gave me a chance before he laid down with some other woman.

"You're 25 I know." He said.

"I am." I contemplated texting 1 to B and Kia. I didn't feel like this anymore.

"Is something wrong he asked?" Looking at me concerned.

"How many of you is it?"