Can't Be Real

Odell POV-

K had to work and I had practice so the girl was watching Livy today. I had finished up and was headed home.

I finally got home and as soon as I opened the door, my chocolate princess eyes turned toward me and she lit up.

I walked over to her and picked her up, giving her a gazillion kisses. She giggled something serious.

"Aww." The girl smiled. "I love seeing fathers with their daughters. Reminds me of my dad." She began to get her things.

I handed her an envelope with her check.

"Thanks. Um, could you give me a ride home? I had someone drop me and off and since, you live all the way out here no public transportation comes."

"I'll ask Shep." I got my phone.

"I would feel more comfortable with you. I don't really know him."

"Got cha. Yeah come on."

She got her things and we went out to my garage. I fastened Livy in the back in her seat.

"Could I sit in the front? Since your legs are long, I can't really stretch out behind you."

"Yeah, whatever." I got in.

She got in.

I opened the garage and started the car and we were off.

"What's your address?"

She gave me her address and I put it in my gps.

"I just wanted to say, your whole career is inspiring."

"I thought you didn't watch football?" I adjusted the air.

"I don't. But ESPN played a special on you last night. And I just felt so empowered. Like if you could get your life on track after your injury. after my father's death, I could too."

"I'm happy that my story did that for you." I called K on my in car speaker system. Its where you hear things outloud. I hated blutooth.

She didn't pick up.

A few seconds later she called me.

"Hey Pooka what's up?" She asked chewing on something.

"What you eating?" I asked curious.

"Something healthy." She lied.

"I can tell you lying." I laughed.

"You got your healthy baby, leave me alone. What's up?"

"Just wanted to hear your voice. And practice kicked my ass, so I'mma need a hot bath and meal as soon as you get home."

"Goodbye." She said smacking.

"Why you so loud with it tho?" I laughed.

"O i got 20 mins before this meeting, let me enjoy my lunch. Love you."

"Love you more."

We hung up.

I noticed as we pulled up to the girl's house, she was crying silent tears.

"You aight?" I asked her.

"No." She managed to say.

"What's wrong?" I said genuinely concerned.

"I just hurt. Its like you do all these things to be a great woman and nobody sees it."

"Aw, like I told you before someone will. Just be patient. What me and K have didn't happen overnight."

She shook her head okay.

"Thank you." She reached over to hug me but as she pulled away she started kissing me. My kneejerk reaction was to push her off. I guess I did it a little hard, because she slightly hit the car door.

"Get out." I told her.

"You're gonna regret this." She got out my car and slammed my door.

I immediately drove off.

----
Kenya POV

"Kenya."
O asked me as he got out of the shower. I was in the bed reading to Livy.

"What's up?" I looked at him.

"I don't want that girl watching Livy no more." He said putting on a beater and some boxers.

Livy hit the book with her hands. She wanted me to continue. "My bad Stink. What girl O?"

"The nanny."

"Why? She did something to you?"  K looked at me suspicious.

"No. She just give me bad vibes."

"Like what bad vibes O?" I rolled my eyes.

"Like I said bad vibes."

"I'm not going to fire her over no "possible" bad vibes unless she legit tries to do something."

"You heard what I said. If I catch that bitch around my daughter, you not gon like what I do." He said angry.

"Okay what did she do for you to be upset?"

"You heard what I said." He eyed me and took Livy and started reading to her.

I don't know what got into him, but I'm not about to argue.

I went downstairs and heard banging on my door.

I quickly opened it when I saw it was the police. There were three officers.

"Where is Odell?"

"Upstairs."

One nodded for the other to go upstairs.

"What's going on?"

"He's under arrest."

"What?" I said hysterical.
I heard a loud commotion upstairs.

"My baby is up there officer. Please let me go get her." I felt my tears falling.

The officer radio'd the other officer to bring the baby down.

I heard Olivia screaming.

I heard O telling Livy he was okay.

One officer brought O down handcuffed. The other had Livy who
Was screaming hysterically.

He handed me Livy.

"What did he do?" I asked them.

They ignored me  and read him his rights.  Taking him out the door.

Shep immediately rushed over.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I don't know."
I tried to calm both myself and Livy down who was still crying.

I went outside after O to see what was going on. The officer told me to stay back as they all got in the car with O in the back.

I mouthed I love you to him. He shook his head he understood and they drove him away.

I broke down. Shep held me and Livy. This can't be real.