Five Years LAter

Kenya POV-

"Alright, alright." I heard the lock come off the door and it open.

"K." He covered his eyes. "This bad luck."

"I don't care. I just need you baby." I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his chest.

He closed the door. Then rubbed my back to calm me.

"What's wrong?"

"I just want to sleep with you."

"Aight. Calm down." He walked me to the bed and we got in.

I laid on top of him. I wiped my eyes.

"K, what's wrong? Your father did..."

"No. I havent even spoke to him yet. I just had a bad dream. I don't want to talk about it."

"Aight." He kissed my forehead and rubbed my hair.

There was a long silence between us.

"I dreamt I lost the baby and you left. You didn't even say anything to me you just up and left me there in our baby's blood. And I just wanted to die after that. I'm a bad luck magnet O." I sat up in a panic. "Maybe thats a sign we shouldnt get married. Maybe that means the baby's gonna die. Maybe--"

"Get a grip Kenya." Odell shook me, while looking in my eyes. "It was a dream. A fucking dream. That's it. Not a prophesy. A stupid dream. I am here. And so is the baby. We're not going anywhere. Get a grip. Do you hear me?" He shook me again.

"Yes." I wiped my eyes.

"Nothing about you yields bad luck. Your mother did not die because of you. Your dad didn't leave because of you. Everything you dreamt about you got, even if it wasn't the way you originally planned. From Oxford to your company. Nothing about you brings bad luck." He handed me a kleenex.

I wiped my nose.

"And out of our entire relationship, I left one time. Just to get you to act right. I'm not leaving. Ever. Unless you do something where I don't feel valued."

He pulled off his shirt and tapped the tat of me. "Look at this. Five years ago I got this. Craziest decision of my life." He gave a slight laugh.

"But five years later its there. We're here." He grabbed my hand and kissed my ring finger with my engagement ring.

I shook my head I understood.

He took my forehead and kissed it softly, then put his forehead on mine. He grabbed both my hands.

"Best decision I ever made was failing Math 012."

I smiled.

"Had I passed or got all my chicks to do my work, I wouldn't have met you."

We both let out a slight blushing laughing.

"Had you not repeatedly stalked me and stuck with me even tho you continued to get played to the left, I wouldn't be marrying my bestfriend today."

"You low key wanted me tho."

"No I did not."

He turned his lip up in unbelief.

"Okay a little." I rolled my eyes and admitted.

"I knew all along. No woman can resist the pack." He pulled up his shirt and rubbed his six pack.