Don't Rush It

Deanna POV-

I went through Shep's snapchat from last night. He posted the video of us to Snapchat as well, but the rest of his snaps was full of him and Bianca.

I don't know why I thought he would be interested in me. Or that I could even pull somebody like him anyway. I just hate that I got so hyped up.

It's just Shep seemed so different than all the other guys I knew in Baton Rouge. He was super funny. Talented and I don't know he seemed mature.

The boys I was around, were exactly that, silly boys. Shep was a man, with a baby face and that just made my heart melt. 🤗

I replayed this gif someone posted on his fanpage, from the first day I saw him in the locker room
over and over.

And each time I played it, I felt my eyes water

"Why you in here crying, the braids under your weave too tight?" O said walking in the family room. He had just come from the basement from working out.

He sat down in a chair. I was on the couch. And wiped sweat off his face with a towel.

"Why must everything be a joke to you?" I rolled my eyes and wiped them. I got up to leave.

O touched my arm to sit back down. "What's wrong Sis in law?"

"Nothing O. I'm fine." I tried to walk pass him.

He held out his arm like it was stopping traffic.

"O." I folded my arms and looked at him.

He moved it, then put it back up when I was about to go.

"Would you stop idiot."

He did it again.

"You are so stupid." I laughed.

"Sit down." He said.

I sat back on the couch.

"Now what's wrong?" He drank some water from his water bottle.

"You don't care so." I sighed.

"Why would I ask you what's wrong and I don't care."

"It's about Shep."

He got up and pretended to walk out.

"Ooooo see that's why I didn't want to tell you." I said irritated.

He came and sat back down. "What about Shep Anna?" He rubbed his head like he had a headache.

" I really like him and it just sorta hurts that he has someone and doesn't look at me that way."

He had sat back and closed his eyes.

"Odell."

"I'm listening." He opened his eyes.

"Do you understand what I'm trying to say?"

"Anna, Shep is a great friend but ain't boyfriend material now."

"But how do you know?"

"I for one have known him longer than you. Two, I go on the road with him. And three I live next to him and have stayed in his house. Which I wouldn't suggest to anybody."

"Is he really that bad?" I said not believing.

"As a person no. He's great. As a boyfriend he would be."

"But maybe he won't treat me that way."

"Anna, when niggas are going through their maturing phase, even if its a woman they know is wife material and they honestly want to do right by her, they just cant sometimes.

Especially when we live the life that we live. I love Kenya more than the air I breathe, but to have the self control I have to be faithful to her is hard as shit. And everybody can not do it. And Shep is not there yet.

I'm not blocking because I don't want to see you happy. I'm doing it because I do want to see you happy.

And I was once a Shep. My friends were once Sheps. And we caused a lot of heartbreak. Not intentionally, but because we were young and dumb. Living life high on the moment. And until life brought us down from that high and we realized what was important, we didn't change.

If you think Shep cute. Fine Admire from a distance. Even if yall end up being friends, I don't care. But I'm telling you, if you don't want your heart broke, just let it go.

Men come a dime a dozen. But that's not what you want Anna. You want somebody that's gonna be down for you.

That's not gonna hurt you, because if he does, it will hurt him.  Somebody that will change everything about himself, because he doesn't want to lose you. And will do things that make him look like a fool sometimes to keep you.

Someone where you never have to question whether he loves you, because you know because of his actions, not his words. Look for that. Not whether he fine, or got money or play football but possess those qualities."

"Yeah." I wiped my tearing eyes.

"You'll find him. Dont rush it." He hugged me, then went upstairs.

O was right about everything. I unfollowed him on instagram and snap, and decided to take O's advice.