Your Speed

Deanna POV-

I sent Shep a text.

Pick up your phone. Stop ignoring me. 🙄😔

I had watched their game against the Denver Broncos on tv. And they had lost. They were a touchdown away from winning but Shep, dropped the crucial pass leading them to lose the game.

And he must've been taking it hard because he was ignoring me.

Shep it's only the second game of the season you have more to prove to yourself. Be happy about that. 😉

Still no response.

Shep guess whose proud of you besides me? This little boy. Because you grew up to live his dream. Regardless if you win or lose, this little cutie is proud. 😍😍🙈

I waited another fifteen minutes

I waited another fifteen minutes. Nothing. Then, my phone rang.

I picked up.

"Why are you lurking on my instagram?" Shep said.

"Because you wouldn't  answer me and I wanted to cheer you up."

"It didn't work."

I smacked my lips.

He chuckled. "Nah Anna, you made me feel better. I just hate letting my team down. And its my second year, so I have so much I want to prove this time around."

"And you will. It's just one game Shep."

"Yeah, but its more than that to me. If my team trust me to make plays in crucial moments, I'm supposed to do that."

"And you will. Stop putting all this pressure on yourself right now. Amnesia. This game didn't happen. Come back next Sunday and kill it."

He sighed. "Yeah you right."

There was silence.

"You know your phone stay lighting up when you win. Not one person called or text me today after our loss. But my mama, sisters and you."

"It's because when we said we were going to be friends, I meant that. Whether you win or lose. My friendship isn't conditional on you winning. Or what you can do for me."

It was silence for a minute.

"It ain't many people like that when you me. Everybody out for what they can get. I remember my birthday, I ended up paying for everybody's meal. Mind you its my day, and niggas like Shep got it."

"Wow, why do you keep them around?"

"Don't like being alone I guess."

"Well I'm not like that. On your birthday, I'll take you out. It might not be Del Frisco's or Ruth Chris. But It'll be good and free."

He chuckled, which made me laugh.

I heard him sigh. "I appreciate you Anna, know that. I was really down and you changed my mood. I'm real hard on myself about loses, so just know that about me."

"And I will be there to cheer you up if you do. But I know you won't. I wish you could see I still got your jersey on. My friend PJ came over to watch the game with me and was trying to buy it."

"Told you people wanted it."

"Only PJ, cause he really loves football. He collects jerseys."

"He?" Shep said.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes he. And no we aren't together. He's my friend."

"Friend, like I'm your friend or..."

"I never kissed PJ Shep." I rolled my eyes.

"I ain't say nothing. You said that."

"But you up here hounding me with a million questions. Knowing you would get mad if I asked you about your Bianca clones."

"You can ask whatever you want."

"I don't want to know." I sighed and laid back on the bed.

"How old is PJ?"

I smacked my lips. "Really Shep?"

"Can't I ask a question about my friend's life?"

"17." I said annoyed. "He was the guy with me when you came to school."

"Buddy with his mouth open?" He laughed.

I smacked my lips, as he busted up laughing.

"Shep stop. He really likes yall and the Giants."

"I thought a fly was about to fly in that nigga mouth." Shep was still busting up.

"You know what?" I said irritated at him being ass.

"Okay I quit." He coughed from laughing so hard.

"That's what you get."

"Nah, he seem like a cool dude. If that's what you want." He said sarcastic.

"I told you its not like that idiot."

"I'm just saying. If it was, he's more your speed." He said being funny.

"What does that mean?" I was not here for his jokes.

"Nothing I just said, he's more your speed."

"And those strong faced and broad shoulder Bianca clones are yours." I snapped.

"Anna, I was playing damn. You defending little Peanut Butter and Toe Jam like yall a couple."

"Goodbye Shep." I laughed. "You are so annoying."

He laughed. He went back serious. "But naw, what's lil buddy name?"

"Philander."

Shep busted out laughing.

"Would you stop."

He kept laughing real hard. "Buddy name Philander. Ahhhhhhahahaha."

"I'm hanging up on you."

"Okay I quit." He said breathing to calm down.

"You are so rude."

"My bad. I ain't mean to do lil Philander like that. My bad."

There was silence, then he busted up laughing again.

"Goodbye Shep." I hung up and rolled my eyes. He was so rude and mean.🙄

My phone vibrated with a text.

"Goodnight Tat Twin. And don't stay up to late talking to my boy philanthropy."'

I replied:

You're going to hell.

He replied:

Nah but forreal. I appreciate  you for cheering me up. I needed it.😏

I replied:

Anytime 🙈

He replied:

Sleep tight. Don't let Philanthropy bite. 😂😂😂

I replied:

F U idiot 😒

He was so stupid.

Here's a mic'd up game of the giants game last week. I love looking at these to see what they talk about on the sidelines. Of course Odell acting crazy, but we see more of Shep in this one!!

Otto is 82.