Facetime Calls

Deanna POV-

"Could you stop smacking?" I looked at my facetime.

He did it even louder. I rolled my eyes.

I had put Shep on the show Insecure. Which is one of my favorite shows.

So he was in the process of catching up on all the shows On-Demand

So he was in the process of catching up on all the shows On-Demand. And he just had to have me on Facetime, every time he watched an episode.

He was one of those annoying people that always talked during movies and shows. And needed to have a full discussion.

I acted like I didn't want to do it, but y'all know me. 🙈😂

I was laying on my bed, doing my homework. Since school just started. 🙄. Ahh, I can't wait for it to be all over.

"So she got a whole man, but she cheating on him with her high school ex?"

I just did my homework.

"See that's why niggas can't trust these hoes. And he was a good man too. Just having a hard time. You know it's hard out here for a black man. I hope he leave her."

I just did my homework.

"Deanna."

I just did my homework.

"Deanna, yo ass hear me."

"And you annoying. Can't you watch tv without yapping." I said irritated.

But yall know deep down this was me > 🤗

He stale faced me real hard through the phone.

I tried to keep a straight face but I couldn't.

"Now if I hang up on your ass, what you gon do?" He said still stale facing me.

"Go back to my regular scheduled programming." I rolled my neck and eyes.

"Well since you got an attitude and all, I'mma just let yo mean ass go."

"Okay." I shrugged.

"Aight." He said.

"Bye." I said.

He ended the call.

I just did my homework and waited for his mad ass to call me back. He always did.

Five minutes later, he facetimed me back.

"I shouldn't answer idiot." I said when I picked up.

"But you did, so shut up." He stuffed his mouth popcorn.

"I wonder if your fans know how rude you are." I said.

"I'm not rude to my fans. I love them. It's you I don't like."

"Yet you facetime me everyday."

"Cause I be bored."

"Yeah, okay." I rolled my eyes.

"I called you yesterday. But you never called me back. I guess you was too busy commenting on Otto photos."

"For your information, Otto tagged me and I was responding. Nosey."

"I'm not nosey, I was just going through my timeline and saw yall hee-heeing and haw-hawing."

"What?" I laughed.

"You heard me.  And Yall got nicknames and stuff I see."

"I call him Red. So does that bother you?"

"No, I'm good. But I don't know if O will be good, when I tell him you chatting it up with his teammate."

"And what do you think, he'll think if he knows you call me everyday."

"I'm family."

"Whatever." I laughed.

"Nah forreal you and Otto talking?"  He asked seriously.

"No Shep. He doesn't even have my number. We just talk on instagram and sometimes on snap." I said annoyed but was lowkey flattered he cared.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just asking." He said like it was unimportant.

There was a moment of silence where I was just doing my homework. And he was watching tv.

"You coming to the first game next week?" He asked.

"I don't know. I been talking to K about it. Because I do want to go. But I got school the next day and my dad isn't going to let me miss. And K said traffic after the games be super crazy, so getting me to the airport might be a problem." I sighed.

"Well if you can't go, then we play the saints like a couple games after that."

"Yeah, I know. For sure, for sure. I'm coming to that one."

"If I came down to Baton Rouge, would you be able to see me or is your dad like O?"

"He like O. But I can always say, I'm with my friends."

"Nah, I don't want you lying."

I sighed. "I do want to see you though and hang out."

"We'll just wait till the Saints game."

It was moments like this I wished I was done and not in Baton Rouge. 😔

"Stop looking like that." He chuckled.

My sad puppy dog expression must've been all over my face.

"No, its just I wish we could hang out more."

"We will. When you come up here to Rutgers. Just focus on finishing strong for now."

I laughed. "You sounded like such a parent."

He chuckled.

"Deanna." I heard my father calling my name.

"Yes." I answered and sighed.

"Get down here and do these dishes before you go to sleep."

"It's Trent's day."

"I don't care who day it is. I asked you."

I rolled my eyes.

"Go do what your father say. We'll talk later." Shep said.

"Okay. Talk to you later."

"Aight."

I hung up angry and went to go do the dishes.

I know it's short. I'll make up for it later. K and O will be back next chapter.