Pop-Ups

Deanna POV-

Shep had called, texted, facetimed, instagram dm'd, snapped, every communication you could think of except pigeon mail, to try to get in touch with me.

I didn't care about the girl, although it stung a little, he wasn't mine and I understood that.

But to talk to somebody everyday on the phone and call yourself their friend, and not even say one word to me or acknowledge my presence, is what hurt the most.

And I was just over him.

"What you doing after school?" PJ my friend asked me as we walked out the building.

"Go home. Do my homework."

"You so boring."  He hit me on my head.

I slapped his hand.

"Yo, yo, yo, yo, yo." Was all PJ could manage to get out.

I looked up to see Shep outside my school, sitting on a black benz he must've rented. He would be crazy if he drove his Bently down here.

He was surrounded by a group of high school dudes that were obviously fans.

None of the girls really knew who he was, but they knew from the guys reaction he was somebody.

They stood around whispering.

I quickly rushed to the bus-stop. PJ ran behind me. "That's that nigga off the Giants."

I rolled my eyes.

"Yo what he doing in Baton Rouge? Let alone up here at our high school?"

"Deanna!" I heard Shep scream.

"Oh god." I mumbled as Shep walked toward us as we stood at the busstop.

PJ's face was priceless. It was like Iman's when he met President Obama.

 It was like Iman's when he met President Obama

"I been calling you." Shep said.

I ignored him and started looking at my phone.

"Deanna." Shep said.

PJ's face was still glued in a surprised position.

I ignored Shep.

"Can you at least give me a conversation?"

A crowd was forming and more people who recognized him were asking for autographs.

"Go away Shep. I do not want this attention." I yelled and walked away further to get away from him.

Shep walked over to me and the crowd of kids in school followed. He got on one knee.

I rolled my eyes and covered my face.