What You Need

"I'm just waiting on the day for you to switch up. But it never happens." She said.

"Stop doubting me. My love for you is unconditional. It's never gonna change. Ever. I already told you I got this shit on my back and if it ain't going nowhere. Neither are you."

-Rude Awakening, More Than Friends

Kenya POV-

I had cried so much the last few days, I was surprised I even had tears left.

O promised me he would never switch up. He promised he would never leave. That as long as I was on his back, I would be in his life.

But here I am left alone by yet another important person in my life. And while I wasn't the cause of my dad or mom leaving, I take full responsibility for my baby being fed up with me.

Usually I have all the answers. I'm a chemist. Part of my job is to figure shit out. Come up with formulas. Mix things until there is a solution.

But I was lost when it came to this situation with O. I knew he would be mad, but I never thought it would be this bad.

O and I had fought before, but we never broke up. Ever. Our love was always able to get us over our humps.

And now that love wasn't enough, I didn't know what to do.

Odell was my everything. Besides Brandon, who was so gracious enough to let me give O a little bit of space to cool off by staying at him and Jussie's home in Baton Rouge, O was all I had.

Everybody important in my life has always left me either through death like my mom. Or being an asshole like my dad.

And now the one person who kept me sane. The one constant in my life that promised to always be there was gone.

He wasn't answering my calls or texts. I tried contacting him through social media. Nothing.

I was desperate to try anything just to hear his voice. That's when I was scrolling down my Insta and saw this pic on the Giants page. With the caption:

Masterminds discussing how to take over the world. #obj #vic #allseason16

 I immediately thought to text Vic to have Odell call me

I immediately thought to text Vic to have Odell call me. If anyone could reach him. He could. Especially since they were about to go on the road to D.C.

I pulled Vic's number out my purse, from when he gave it to me when he came into my office. I immediately texted him.

Me: Vic this is K. please have O call me. I have been trying to reach him but can't. Thank you!