Not An Update: Guy Question Update

So my friend didn't tell me before that although they did say hi and bye.

Before he made that statement you guys commented on. She said he had told her that her hair was beautiful.

She said she had braids in for the bulk of the time, but she finally decided to wear her natural hair and he actually came up to her and told her hair was beautiful.

I don't know if that makes a difference. Since when she did try to know more about him, he hit her with the "that's the best you can do."

She said after that he said he had a question for her and he asked her, what made her decide to start wearing her hair natural.

And she said he went into this whole black power spill about how black men should appreciate natural hair and the natural beauty of black women. I don't know if it was sincere or game. With guys you never know.

Anyway, she said they haven't had too much other interaction besides the hi and bye since then. She said he did ask her what she was in school for she told him and he said that's impressive.

So I don't know. I told her just go on. And if he wants to further convo, then take it from there. But don't wreck your brain trying to figure him out.

Does this add anything to what you guys think he meant? Any of you guys dealt with guys like this? What was it like or what was your approach?