Family Time Pt 1

Kenya POV-

"Say hey paw-paw." I gave Livy to my father.

O's game this Sunday was in New Orleans and we had came early to spend time with the family. And B, Jussie and Justin before we all traveled to NOLA  Saturday night.

"Paw, Paw chocolate princess getting so big." He kissed her cheek.

She giggled and clapped her hands. "You miss Paw-Paw." He put his head against hers.

It made me so happy to see Livy's relationship with my dad be brand-new. She knew none of the previous drama. She didn't need to. All she knew was that was her Paw-Paw, and he loved her.

After the wedding, me and my dad talked. There were a lot of tears, anger, apologies but most of all laughs and opportunities to start anew.

One of the biggest things O did for me was reconnecting us. The truth is I needed him my brothers and Deanna in my life. I had no one besides O. And I wanted Livy to know them.

It didn't happen overnight, but it happened.

"Look what Paw-Paw bought you?" It was a pretty pink carebear he handed her.

She grabbed it and hugged it.

"Y'all ready for them Saints?" My dad asked O, as he sat down in the chair with Livy in the living room that was connected to the kitchen.

"Stay ready. Stay ready." O said digging his hands in the crawfish my dad's wife was cooking.

I hit his hand.

"Ow." He looked at me surprised chewing.

"Get out the pot." I grabbed his hand and took him to sit in the living room with my dad and Livy. He sat on the couch, I sat on his lap.

My dad and her decided to throw a big dinner for us. Brandon, Justin and Jussie was coming. O's fam. And of course Deanna asked me if I could invite Shep.

Now when he comes in, act like I ain't have nothing to do with it. My baby is not about to be mad at me.  Especially not now, that I'm trying for my second check, I mean baby. And he's been giving me a hard time, this time around. 🙄

"K how is the business?" My dad asked.

"Great. My business director handles the day to day, so I can support O this season. I generally go to the office during the week or work from home, and absolutely no business on game days." I looked at O who was still smacking on crawfish.

"Can you not be so greedy?" I said annoyed.

O continued to be greedy.

My dad laughed.

"I'm glad yall worked it out if for nobody Livy."

The doorbell rang.

The door opened. It was Deanna and a boy I didn't know. My brother younger brother Trent was over his friend's house.