Heart On The Line

Kenya POV:

I buzzed O's apartment number.

"Me no speak no Eng-glay." He said over his intercom.

"O stop playing its cold out here."

"Ain't nobody tell you to walk down here." He said over the intercom.

"O I'm not playing."

"Who is it?"

I stale faced the intercom box. I heard a knock. I looked up and Odell was waving, smiling to me below from his window.

"Open the door." I said looking up.

He made a motion like he couldn't hear me, putting his ear to the glass.

"If you don't open the door, I'm leaving."

He gave me the deuces, then closed the blinds.

"Odell."

"Me no, no uh Odell." He said mimicking an Asian accent.

"Odell." I yelled.

He laughed then buzzed me up. I rolled my eyes at his foolishness as I made my way up the stairs to his second floor apartment.

The door was open. I walked in. It was still in a little of a mess, because he hadn't unpacked yet. He was preparing for their game against Dallas tomorrow.

"I brought you some oranges, some orange juice, cough drops, Kleenex and cough medicine." I put the care bag on the counter.

Yes because of him being half naked the other night he caught a cold. 😩

"And I made you some onion soup. You want it now or later?" I looked over at him laying on the couch reading his playbook and watching film on Dallas.

"You can warm it up now." He coughed.

I got a pot, turned the stove on and put the soup I made in it, to warm it up for him.

"You need me to help you unpack?" I sat at the other end of the couch.

He put his ginormous feet on my lap.

"I would like you to stop coming over here everyday." He said looking at the tv

I looked at him with a stale face.

He played like he didn't see me staring at his ass.

"Negro you asked me to come over here."

"No I didn't." He looked at his playbook then the tv.

"Odell you called me whining about being sick."

"I told you I was sick. And that I was in pain." He coughed dramatically. "But I said I would survive whether you came or not. Just remember me if you found me dead on my couch. That's not inviting you." He looked at the video.

I took one of the pillows from his couch and hit him upside his head. He laughed.

"You are so annoying." I turned my head to the video.

"How is life without me?" Odell asked looking at the video.

"Perfect. I get so much more work done. I sleep better. I actually prefer it." I said sarcastically.