Chapter 11

"Candice shut up I'm trying to watch something" I say smacking her lightly on the thigh.

"Oi that hurt" she says pouting.

Rolling my eyes at her I turn my attention back to the television screen to continue to watch the movie that was playing but alas no luck since Candice couldn't keep her mouth shut.

It was a Thursday afternoon and during our lunch break Candice and I decided that we should spend some time together, even though we had met the last weekend but we both agreed to it.

And now here we are back at my apartment.

Candice was lying on the couch with her feet in the air, swinging them back and forth as her back was pressed again the seat, lying upside down.

She's been like that for a long time, I don't know how she can manage to be in that position for long as I get dizzy just from looking at her.

An hour into the movie she had gotten a call from some friend of hers and she asked if it was okay if she picked up.

I didn't mind so I agreed.

Long story short, the woman talked, a lot. And she wouldn't shut up no matter how many times I smacked her.

Finally giving up on the movie, I turn my attention to her as she smiles at me, in which I think is supposed to be a charming way.

It comes off totally creepy though.

"What you mind if one of my friend joined us?" she asked almost sheepishly.

"It's just that I haven't seen them in so long and I promised I would soon so I just thought why not now?" she further explains.

I nod my head in agreement.

"The more the merrier right?" I say with a light smile on my lips.

She squeals and talks into the phone as she tells the person my address before she hangs up.

"We're gonna have so much fun" she says overly excited.

"I'm glad you were enjoying yourself with me so much" I say teasingly, fighting back a smile.

"It'd be rude not to share our joy with others" she says back matching my tone.

Twenty minutes later and the bell rings.

I rush quickly towards the door, grabbing the change on the way.

I had ordered Chinese food and since I hadn't had lunch at work, I was absolutely famished.

Thrusting the door open, I push my money filled palm outwards not even bothering to look at who it is.

Quickly regretting it as a throat being cleared is heard throughout the room.

Looking up I blush immediately as a guy I've never seen before stands at my door step.

Trying not to be too obvious of my assessment of him I quickly smile up into his forest green eyes with specks of golden.

He smiles down at me before he shoves a plastic bag full of food into my hand.

"Hello beautiful. I'm assuming the Chinese takeout is what you were waiting for. I paid for it, you're welcome by the way" with that he walks into my apartment, going over to hug Candice.

"I think I'm in love" I whisper as I look at the take away filled bag in my hand and then to the guy whom I'm assuming is Candice's friend.

*******

Tears spill out of my eyes and I gasp for breath as my stomach starts to hurt due to so much laughter.

Caleb was telling us another one of his many stories which had reduced all three of us to puddles of laughter. 

Ever since Caleb had stepped foot into my apartment not one moment had slipped by where we weren't enjoying ourselves.

"You should've seen his face" continues Caleb laughing.

"He seriously thought I was going to kiss him. He so wasn't my type".

Bursting into laughter once again, it takes a while for us to all calm down.

Caleb grabs my wine glass and starts to pour more wine but I shake my head, refusing.

I definitely didn't want to head into work with a hangover.

I could just imagine the taunting I would get from Alexander tomorrow.

"Oh cmon Nora, liven up a little" Caleb says nudging me.

Shaking my head I look up at him "you don't have to go to work tomorrow like some people".

"True" says Caleb as he had taken some time off of work.

Caleb was working at some place I had never heard of as a sales manager.

Caleb grabs the wine bottle and starts chugging out of it.

Glancing at him in amusement I look over at Candice to see she is just about to fall asleep on the sofa.

Nudging her slightly, she gets startled and then relaxes when she notices its me.

Candice stands up as does Caleb and they both hug me one by one.

Caleb and I had become great friends in the short span of time and he was just such an amazing person.

As they go out the door Caleb hugs me once again before he whispers into my ear "if you don't tap that hot boss of yours I'll gladly do it for you".

Both Candice and I burst out into giggles as I shove him out the door after one more goodbye.

Going straight to my room to change into my pyjamas I hop into bed and groan, knowing I have to get up bright and early tomorrow.

******

The ringing of a phone blaring through the room wakes me up from my slumber.

Groaning I peek one eye open, glancing at my phone screen.

Who the hell is calling me at five in the morning?

"Hello" I croak into the phone, weary of the unknown number.

"Nora I need you to come as quickly as you can" says a voice tiredly from the other end of the line.

"Alexander?" I question, still not fully alert from my sleep.

"Yes Nora, who else will be calling you at five in the morning? Just hurry up and get here".

With that he hangs up on me, the dial tone blearing from the other end of the line as I just stare at my phone in confusion before groaning and burying my face into my pillow from frustration.

--------------

AN: So here's chapter 11. Yes I know it was a filler chapter that ended on a cliff hanger and yes I also know I'm somewhat evil 😂. I will not be updating tomorrow as I have to go somewhere but I will try to do my best and update. Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
Share