Chapter 31

Alexander James P. O. V

Setting Nora's plate down in front of her and then my own, we both dig into our breakfast.

An amused smirk grows on my face as I watch her eat like she's never eaten before.

She was so adorable.

"What?" She questions looking at me, finishing her own while I still had half my plate left.

"Nothing." I say smugly.

The blush I've come to adore lightly coats her cheeks as she looks away from me.

She searches the kitchen for something and then looks for her phone which was currently lying on my bedside table.

I'm assuming she's looking for a clock and wants to know the time so I gaze down at my phone, picking it up and then checking the time.

"It's noonish." I say to hear, bending the truth just a little.

"Noonish?" She questions.

"Yup." I answer back still not telling her the precise time as I grab her plate and then mine, heading over to the sink.

"I should really be heading home." I hear her say as the scraping of the chair signals she's getting up.

For some reason her words don't sit well with me as I panic, not wanting her to go so soon.

Turning around, I look at her.

"Just stay for a little while," I try and not let the panic leak out into my voice. "We could watch a movie or something, just stay a little while longer." I was grasping for straws at this point.

I don't know why I wanted her to stay a little while longer but I just didn't want to get out and burst this little bubble we had, just to get thrown back out into the reality of us being boss and personal assistant.

Looking at me unsurely, I leave the dishes and head towards her, holding her in my arms as she doesn't even resist like she used to.

Leaning ever so close to her I make sure I don't lean it too much as I whisper to her.

"You sure there's no way I can tempt or bribe you?" I question here, letting my lips lightly graze hers.

I had to control every fiber in my being to not pounce on her.

She was so delectable with her cheeks blazing, her striking blue eyes wide in an alluring manner and her lips parted.

She didn't even have to answer me before I place my lips on hers.

Kissing her was my new favorite past time. One I don't I could ever get tired of.

All sorts of emotions course through me as she responds back and instead of denying them like I used to, I embrace them and make sure Nora knows it too.

Gasping for air, we both part all too soon while Nora smiles up at me and nods.

"I'll stay but just for a little while longer."

*********
Shifting a bit to get comfortable, I am careful to not jostle Nora around too much.

Nora was seemingly too enthralled in the movie that was playing on the tv.

While I was enthralled and captivated by her.

Every little thing about her was so enticing to me.