Chapter 41

The scribbling of my pen against paper reverberates throughout the entire office as Alexander sits there staring off into the distance.

Sighing out loud, I look up at him only to still see him sitting with his head in his hands and peaking from in between his fingers.

It was like he was meeting death at his doorstop not his bloody father.

Discreetly looking at him, I still continue to write on the paper, while letting out a loud audible sigh once more.

Muttering under his breath, Alexander raises his hand and sighs as well.

"Yes Nora?"

"Hmm?" I feign surprise.

"Why are you making weird, annoying loud noises."

I roll my eyes at him as I look up at the clock.

"Well I was thinking since it's nearly five and all, maybe I could go and complete this assignment outside at my own desk." I say trying to pass the hint.

Clearly he gets it as a mortified expression covers his face.

"Don't you dare Nora." He hisses.

"But why Alexander? I'm not ready to meet 'the parents' and all that, especially with the way you look up to your father." I say sarcastically.

"Well I am not doing this on my own." He says huffing.

"This is a family matter Alexander." I say sharply.

"Yeah well for all I care you're family so there." He says smugly.

While I sat there in shock.

Did he really?

"What?" I say staring at him in blatant shock.

"Yup." He says happily, pulling my seat closer to him and pecking me on the lips.

He probably just wanted to change the subject, I think to myself, to disused me from the fact of his father who'll be here in twenty minutes.

The phone ringing brings my attention to Alexander who reaches for it but I smack his hand away and go to answer it.

"That's my job." I say sternly.

"Oh demanding." Alexander voices out as I bend across the table.

No doubt he was staring at my ass.

Almost as if he wanted to prove his pervertedness, he places his hand on my backside.

Squealing and almost falling over the desk, I stare at him wide eyed.

While Alexander calmly stares back, still not removing his hand.

"What are you doing." I hiss, glancing from the ringing phone to him.

"What? My hand slipped."

I roll my eyes at him, "so remove it then."

"It's comfy." He says childishly though his actions were anything but.

Sighing, I knew he wouldn't remove his hand so I decide to finally answer the phone.

"Alexander James' office, Nora Davis speaking, how ma-"

"Nora it's me." Cuts the receptionists voice through my own.

"Oh." Is all I say.

"Mr. David is here to see Mr. Alexander. Should I let him in?"

If that didn't remove Alexander's hand then I had no idea what would.