Chapter 55

Everyone stared.

My parents stared at me, I stared at them, my aunt Cassie stared at Alexander, Alexander was too awkward so he stared at me, my two siblings stared at their phones, and the baby stared into an oblivion of nothingness.

Slowly I turn my head and let my gaze land on Alexander who unblinkingly stares back.

"Has anyone ever told you how gorgeous you are?"

Both of us whip our heads to my aunt who sits there grinning, looking straight at Alexander.

"Um thank you." Alexander answers back in confusion.

Ben smirks and takes the entire scene in intently, putting his phone down.

Alexander clears his throat before asking everyone,

"How was your flight?"

They all nod their heads in appreciation and thank him for giving them first class tickets.

The silence doesn't take long to come back as we all stare at various things once more.

It's not that we all didn't want to talk, it's just that we had no idea how to go about it, especially Alexander who was used to being in charge with everything.

"So honey, you're engaged." My father says straightening up.

Letting out a breath, I nod my head,

"Yes we are."

"And how did this come about per say." My mother questions

"Well-"

"It's soon yes but your daughter and I love one another very much and we thought 'why wait?'" Alexander says happily, grasping my hand in his.

Wait what?

When the hell did that happen?

My family looks at me with a questioning gaze and I look to Alexander for help but instead just nod my head.

"That's pretty much it?" I state which comes out more of a question.

"Wait a minute," Ben, my brother speaks up, "Is he the guy on the phone?"

"There's another guy?" My aunt gasps.

"What no! That was Alexander." I quickly rush out as the man in question tenses up beside me.

"Oh." Mumbles Ben before nodding his head in satisfaction.

"When was this?" Asks my mother once more.

"A month ago." Ben replies in my stead.

Glaring at him, I smile politely at my mum.

"Alexander why don't you come help me with the drinks." I mumble, glaring at him, not giving him a chance to deny.

My aunt smiles at my attempt to have some alone time with with my fiancé and engages my family in a conversation.

They all get up at and start to look around the huge house in fascination.

Dragging Alexander to the kitchen, I spare not even a second before I'm onto him.

"What the hell was that?" I nearly screech.

"What was what?" He questions back sheepishly.

"Don't play coy with me Alexander! Why the hell are we pretending to be in love and further on getting engaged." I scold in a hushed whisper.

Alexander narrows his eyes and he looks hurt for some unbeknownst reason.

"I'm not pretending to be in love." He grounds out.