Chapter 32

Nora Davis P. O. V

My mouth is probably on the floor right now as I stare at Alexander in bewilderment.

The bewilderment slowly starts to disintegrate into disappointment.

I really was daft to think anything could have happened wasn't I?

Getting off of the sofa, I barely even give the troubled looking man a second glance.

Rushing as fast as I could onto the second floor and through the maze he calls his hallway, I finally reach the master bedroom.

Grabbing my dress and heels from last night, I go into the bathroom to change.

I lock the door and then march over to the sink to splash cold water onto my face, in hopes that it will clear my befuddled thoughts.

'No strings attached.'

I almost wanted to laugh at the moron.

Maybe I was too over analysing and over thinking the whole thing.

I felt like I was being too over dramatic but to hell with that.

My thoughts are brought to a halt as a knocking on the door resonates through the bathroom.

"Nora." Alexander calls out.

I don't answer him and quickly try to change.

"Nora please upon the door. You didn't even let me finish."

That brings me to a halt, Alexander's shirt mid way off.

Bringing my arms back down to my side I slowly inch towards the door.

"I know what I said came out wrong but just let me explain will you?"

Deciding that I may as well give him a chance, I hesitantly unlock the door.

The door knob twists and the door swings open towards my side to reveal a sheepish looking Alexander leaning against the door frame.

He grabs my hand which I almost pull out of his grip until the look he gives stops me.

Leading me to the still unmade bed, he sits me down before sitting next to me.

I look at him with a blank look covering my face as he sighs.

"Okay, so I don't know how to put this into words without sounding like a complete idiotic sap."

"Just tell me Alexander." I say calmly, trying not to get worked up about it.

"No strings attached was the only thing I could think of at that point. You took me by surprise. Look Nora you know I have feelings for you. Even though I was a jerk towards you in the beginning and I would say I'm sorry but honestly I'm not, I enjoyed your little reactions to everything. Hopefully you like me too but I don't know how to go about this. The last time I went on a date was when I was fourteen."

"There's a first time for everything." I respond back softly.

"There is," he says grinning. "So will you go out with me on a second date whenever possible? And we forget the whole no strings attached thing?"