Chapter 22

Alexander gently pulls me off of him while I stay there glaring at the man before me.

Alexander dusts himself off and places himself in front of me, slightly pushing me back.

"It's good to see you once again Sam." Alexander says even though even I could clearly tell he seemed unusually pissed off.

They both shake hands as Sam walks fully into the room.

"It's good to see you again too Alexander," Sam says coyly.

He looks at me and then says in an almost mocking voice.

"And how could I forgot you, the lovely Nora."

I almost snort out loud but just merely shrug my shoulders at him.

Alexander motions for Sam to sit at the desk which he does so while Alexander places himself behind the desk.

I stand there awkwardly as I try to leave the room without being noticed.

Its quite difficult to do so when both the men are sitting there silently and staring directly at you.

Shuffling away, I almost reach the door when Sam calls out.

"Nora dear please do stay, I've quite missed you."

Oh what I wouldn't do to slap that posh accent out of his voice.

Dear my ass.

I look at Alexander as he tells me to stay in the office.

Looking from Sam to the chair beside him I inwardly groan.

I so didn't want to sit with him.

Almost as if knowing I felt uncomfortable Alexander slid one of the chairs away from Sam and over to the opposite side of the desk, right next to him.

Well that was blunt.

Sam merely raised an eyebrow and smirked.

Ignoring him I walk over and sit beside Alexander, sending him a thankful look.

I know Alexander had no idea what was going on, and as selfish as it seemed, I wanted it to stay that way.

I didn't want him to think of me any different or in another perspective.

And if it meant keeping this away from him than so be it.

But I have a feeling that the devil across from us won't let me be in peace until he fully manages to tarnish my reputation.

Even though I had no fault in it.

Sitting beside Alexander I listen to the both of them talk about some merger or something along those lines.

I nearly fall asleep from boredom when all of a sudden Alexander snaps.

"Lets get to the point Mr. Jenkins. Everyone in this room knows you aren't here to discuss merger agreements and talk about contracts. State what you must and then be on your way".

The way Alexander speaks sends a chill throughout my body.

His voice deadly sharp but still holds that almost alluring sound that he nearly always contains.