Chapter 36

This time when I woke up, it was in Alexander's arms.

The sunlight filtering through the window was now welcomed as compared to last night.

Sighing in content, I felt right at home.

Fluttering my eyes open, I squint and wait for my sight to get adjusted with the brightness.

My brain still groggy from the amazing sleep I had just had.

Slowly, my vision starts to clear and my eyes could open fully.

Looking around, I realise the both of us are no longer on the sofa and instead are lying in my bed wth the sheets sprawled around us.

Alexander must have shifted us from the sofa to the bed while I had fallen asleep at some point.

Leaning up slightly, I readjust the covers some more.

Glancing at a sleeping Alexander, I take note of his chiselled bare chest, on display for the world to see.

He must of taken his shirt off before sleeping, I think to myself wryly.

Not that I necessarily minded.

As I lay my head back down onto its previous spot, which just happened to be his bare chest, I place a soft kiss and nuzzle into him.

Almost as if it was a reflex action, his arm tightens around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

My head lies on Alexander's torso, taking in the soothing feeling of his breathing and the movement of his chest gradually rising up and down, that along with the faint yet strong heart beat ringing through my ears ever so slowly, lulls me back into a dream filled stupor.

********

A slight stirring wakes me up almost immediately.

My eyes flutter open for the third time this day as I gaze at Alexander through sleep laden eyes.

"Morning." Comes Alexander's sleep filled voice slightly husky and hoarse from the lack of sleep.

In return I snuggle up to him and barely manage to mumble out a greeting back.

A soft sigh can be heard coming from him as he pulls me closer by the arm wrapped around my waist.

Slowly he brings one hand up to stroke my hair while I snuggle into the crook of his neck.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I answer shortly.

"Hmm."

For a little while longer we don't say much more and stay in each other's arms but I know we are going to be incredibly late if we both don't start moving soon.

Leaning up, my movement as fast paced as a snail, I start to stretch my cramped up limbs.

Alexander starts to groan in protest when he realises what I'm doing.

"What? No," he whines "come back to bed, I'm tired."

His words come out distorted as a yawn interrupts him mid way.

Looking at him yawning, makes me yawn too in sync  with him which makes Alexander let out a little snort.

"We are going to be late." I mutter out, still not fully awake.

It takes me a good half hour for my brain and body to actually wake up.

"We already are." Alexander says copying my tone.

Looking at him in confusion, my brows knit together.

"Wait, what do you mean?"

"It's ten Nora." He says bluntly.