Chapter 21

"Nora could you pass me that pen please." Alexander says looking down at some paperwork.

Nodding my head I pass him the pen which he takes and simply places it beside him.

Focusing my attention back onto the workload in front of me, I slowly start to get back into my zone.

My attention fully on my work, I almost jump in the air as Alexander speaks up once again.

"Nora, could you pass me that stapler over there."

Rolling my eyes I lean across the desk lightly and hand him over the stapler that was basically in front of him.

He takes it and places it right beside the pen, not using it.

Feeling somewhat annoyed I  just simply ignore it once again and continue onto my work.

Around ten minutes go by when i feel Alexander nudging me.

"Nora could you pa-" he begins.

"Oh for goodness sake Alexander." I say exasperated.

He merely grins down at me and gives my a coy look.

"What? It's not my fault I need these things."

"Need things? You're not even using them." I say incredulously.

"I know." He simply states.

Huffing at him, I decide to let it go, well look like I'm letting it go.

As soon as Alexander gets pulled into his work, and I know he is no longer paying attention to me I reach across from me and grab the very pen Alexander was annoying me for.

Still making sure he isn't looking I grasp the pen firmly before calling out sweetly.

"Alexander?"

Alexander looks up at the sound of my voice and opens his mouth to say something but stops short as I throw the pen and it hits him smack dab in the middle of his forehead.

He narrows his eyes at me as it slides down his face while I erupt into giggles.

"You did not." He says still narrowing his eyes at me.

Still laughing I nod my head at him.

"You should've seen your fa-,"

"Ow." I squeal as this time Alexander erupts into laughter while I massage the sore spot on my forehead.

Pouting up at him, I ignore how his eyes dart down to my protruding lip and pick up the pen again.

"God damnit Nora."

******

"No stop." I squeal as Alexander chases after me round the coffee table.

After our little pen war, Alexander seemed to have had enough and had resorted to chasing me around his huge office.

He now stood across from me while I edged around the table.

Alexander narrowed his eyes at me while I merely stuck my tongue out at him.

He laughed simply and slowly started to edge his way round the table and towards me.

Just as he lunges towards me I run around the other side and next to the wall.

Not realising he had me cornered.

Alexander stalks towards me with a smirk on his face while I try to sidle along the wall but know there is no hope as he'd just corner me soon anyways.