Chapter 53

*Please read the authors note at the end*

Nora Davis P. O. V

What was all that about?

Alexander literally just left without no explanation at all.

I had to admit I was a little hurt, especially after what had just occurred and how I confessed my feelings for him.

I nearly jump out of my skin as my phone goes off from somewhere in the room.

Who could that be?

Reaching for my phone on the bedside table, I see a familiar number peering back at me.

Why was I getting a call from Alexander's office?

Answering the call, Natalie's voice reaches my ears.

"Nora you need to get here pronto."

"What why?" I ask confused.

"Well since you're Alexander assistant and not to mention fiancée, I would assume you're needed here." Is all she says before hanging up.

I almost forgot that everybody would now know about the two of us.

This would make working at his office a hundred times harder.

Getting up quickly, I see if I have any time to shower but decide against it because this sounded pretty important.

Rummaging through my wardrobe, I find something comfortable and hurriedly don it.

Making sure to grab my phone, I head off into the street to find a taxi.

********
Everything looked calm.

Completely different from what I had imagined of people running to and fro, maybe fire and smoke coming from one of the windows.

The only out of ordinary thing I saw was Natalie, the receptionist standing outside in the parking lot.

Smiling at her, she quickly points inside the lobby.

Frowning I head inside, only to stop short at the sight in front of me.

What the hell was Sam doing here?

Striding ahead and closer to the two people, they don't seem to notice me, too engrossed in one another.

"Is that anyway to treat your cousin, Alexander?"

My entire body freezes as I let out a low gasp.

Confusion and shock spreads through me as I stand there, rooted to my spot,

"Cousin?" I question aloud at the same time Alexander does.

Both Alexander and Sam whip their gazes to me, Alexander's full of shock and worry while Sam held nothing but smugness in his eyes.

Stepping closer to them I notice Alexander's out stretched hand in my direction.

Looking from him to Sam, I finally step closer to Alexander and grasp his hand in mine, feeling him visibly relax.

Alexander sighs out loud before motioning to Sam.

"Lets just go up to my office to discus this." He says stiffly, still not letting my hand go.

Hundreds upon hundreds of questions were swarming through my mind.

So much so that I didn't even pay much heed to the tense and awkward atmosphere that followed us all the way from the lobby to the elevator with Alexander lodged in right beside me, preventing any contact with Sam, not that I wanted any.