Chapter 25

Nora Davis' P. O. V

"You what?" I say almost chocking on nothing but air at her words.

"I want to set you up with a friend of a friend." Replies back Candice calmly, once again.

"Sorry but no." I say laughing lightly to not seem too rude at her.

Even the thought of going out with somebody for a casual date didn't bode well with me.

I like to tell myself that it's because I'm not ready to be in a proper relationship or even have a casual fling with someone.

That I just need to focus on my professional life instead of my love one.

But then there's a small annoying little part of me that speaks out saying that is most definitely not it.

More like a certain someone sitting up in their office on the thirtieth floor right now.

I wish I could smother that voice with a freaking pillow.

I've stated it once and I shall state it once again.

Alexander James does not do relationships.

I saw it myself, how he was sleeping around with that Sarah chick and then had the audacity to kiss me.

Just the thought of Sarah had my stomach churning with what I can easily identify as jealousy.

Shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts, I look at Candice.

"Oh cmon Nora. You need to get laid."  Candice said wiggling her eyebrows.

Gasping, I smack her on the arm.

"Oi you, I do not need to get laid." I reply in a somewhat miffed voice.

As she pouts at me, I actually start to contemplate her words.

Maybe going out on a date wouldn't be such a bad thing.

It might even get my mind off of a certain someone.

"You're thinking about it aren't you?" Candice squeals out excitedly.

Smiling at her, I nod my head.

Timidly I answer "Maybe it might not be such a bad thing."

"Yes! You're going to like him so much. He's a total cutie. I would totally date him but he's not my type."

Laughing at her words I raise an eyebrow up at her.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Why do you keep reminding me of that" she grumbles out.

"Because if I don't who will." I giggle.

Lightly smacking me on the arm she starts making plans for my blind date with the guy who's name I still don't know.

I honestly do try to be enthusiastic about the whole dating situation and even try to convince myself that it is what I want but I know deep down I'm lying to myself and that the main reason behind this involves Alexander.