Chapter 46

Alexander James P. O. V

Sighing aloud, I look at the beautiful girl lying asleep in my arms.

Her full lips parted slightly and she snores quietly, I knew if I told her she snores she'd throw a fit, I think in amusement.

Her dark chocolate brown hair lay in a messy halo around her head, spilling onto the pillow.

Just like an angel.

Well she was to me.

So beautiful and full of light.

All goodness even if she does have a fiery temper on her at times.

Even though I had only known her for a little while, in that moment she had become my everything.

The knot forming in my throats confirmed my suspicions as I look down at her.

Tightening my arms around her, I bring her closer to me.

I would wreak havoc before letting her go.

Come Sam, come the pretend engagement, nothing would take me away from her.

I just hope Nora felt the same way.

I won't be able to love her, if she doesn't let me.

But every bone in my body knows I will try to do so, no matter what.

It would hurt to much not to fight for her.

I still hate myself for the way I acted so harshly with her.

Everything just took me by surprise, but that was still no excuse.

Nora too didn't see what was coming.

But I just thought she'd want to leave me.

I was expecting her to do that, to walk out as soon as we got here, to call me names and get angry at me.

But she didn't.

She took it calmly and listened to me, she acted completely mature about it, unlike how I did.

I still can't believe that I blurted that out. This is one situation I can't get myself out of, but I had too, not only for myself but Nora as well.

That was the only way to save her reputation, I didn't care about mine, everyone already knew I used to sleep with nearly everything that moved.

Now thinking back to it, I internally cringe at my behavior.

I don't even remember when I stopped.

The lines all blurred when Nora came into the picture.

I nearly groan out loud at all the pansy thoughts running through my head.

My thoughts roam from one topic to the next, but Nora was the subject of every one of them.

Hopefully Sam's gotten off of our backs.

The mere thought of him makes my blood boil and I clench my hands into fists.

I never did like that narcissistic asshole.