Chapter 30

Waking up the next day I felt a sense of calm and serenity wash over me.

Snuggling further into Alexander's chest, I let out a sigh of content.

He was so damn cuddly and soft.

Though I know for a fact if I tell him then he'd probably kick me out of bed.

The sunlight streaming into the room from the window makes me feel soothingly warm and for once the morning light does not annoy the hell out of me.

Lifting my head up I gaze at Alexander, his lips lay parted as soft puffs of breath leave his lips, his sculpted jawline making it unbearable for me not to touch him.

Tracing his jaw with my finger tips I notice the slight scruff on his jaw, from not shaving for a while. Just that stubble makes him look ten times hotter.

His arm tightens around my waist and so I quickly stop, afraid he'll wake up and catch me staring at him.

A few more minutes pass by in totally and utter bliss.

That is until my eyes widen in panic.

The all too familiar pain in my abdomen reoccurs as it often does so. Trying not to get too alarmed I slightly shift in Alexander's hold.

That is until I feel a light trickle down my thighs.

All caution flies out the window from that point.

I'm in so much shit right now.

Gently lifting Alexander's arm from around my waist I somehow manage to slide out of bed without waking him up.

I was most certainly a ninja in my former life or a cat.

Rushing into the bathroom I make sure to lock the door behind me, double checking in case Alexander decides to make an appearance from thin air once again.

I was positively certain I had locked my bedroom door yesterday.

Okay now is most definitely not the time to think of locked doors.

Quickly checking, my suspicions are confirmed and I groan.

Both out of annoyance and embarrassment.

Mother Nature just had to decide to make an appearance today didn't she.

Today out of all the days.

Almost as if I had wronged her in some way, she decided to make my day worse.

In the form of Alexander waking up.

His panicked tone makes it way to my ears and I can just imagine him looking all adorable and confused, not finding me there in bed with him.

Why do I do this to myself?

"Nora?" He calls out.

"Nora where are you?" His voice becomes alarmed and then I hear a loud thud followed by a string of curses.

I'm assuming he fell off from the bed.

His cursing stops as he comes over to the bathroom door and knocks.

"Nora are you in there?" His voice comes out all hoarse and husky due to him just waking up.

Oh shit.

What do I do now?

Knowing I have no other option, I call out to him hesitantly,

"Um yeah?" I answer back hesitantly.

"Ugh Nora why didn't you answer the first time? I was starting to get worried." He says groaning.

"Well," I start and then trail off.