Chapter 43

"We're nearly here sir." Calls out the driver from the front to which Alexander simply nods as he does the partition back up.

"You nervous?" Alexander questions as he draws slow, soothing shapes onto my shoulder with his fingers.

I was sure that Alexander was doing it more for his relaxation than mine.

"Isn't my constant fidgeting a dead give away?" I answer back with a question.

Alexander lightly laughs before he places a soft, lingering kiss onto my forehead.

"Don't be babe, I'll be there with you throughout the night, I promise. Just stay by my side and ignore every word that comes out of my parents mouths." He says calmly.

"That's easier said than done Alexander." I mumble out.

"I know babe, I know."

All too soon, our destination came into view and it was most certainly hard too miss.

The dauntingly huge, proud brick laden building was glittering with the captivating lights that shown like a beacon to everyone that something important and grand was about to take place.

The place seemed almost medieval like with its large columns and dips of arches and huge windows and walkways.

"I'm assuming you like it?" Whispers Alexander into my ear.

I nod my head as I look out the window once more.

"It's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." He replies back cheekily.

Laughing, I release a breath of air as Alexander's car door opens.

"Mr. Alexander, it's great to see you again."

The, what I was assuming is the manager of the place, greets Alexander as he steps out of the car.

Helping me out, Alexander finally replies.

"Yes you too Oscar. I hope everything is running well."

"Of course, everything is in top shape." Says the man named Oscar.

"Good, well I'll be on my way."

Oscar departs while Alexander wraps one of his arms around my waist tugging me close to him as we ascend the stairs.

"Why am I not surprised you own this place?" I muse, trying to make conversation and not let my nerves get to me.

Why was I so nervous? Everything would be fine, I assure myself.

"Because it means you're getting to know me better and nothing takes you by surprise anymore." He says happily.

Oh how wrong he was.

Luckily enough we hadn't met anyone by the main door or when we were walking through the hall.

But it was like Alexander wanted everyone to see us together because as soon as we stepped foot into the giant hall, all eyes turned to us.

And by all, I mean a good couple of hundred.

Gulping at everyone's intense eyes, I try to shift behind Alexander but he doesn't let me as he calmly tightens his arm round my waist and walks down the few stairs with me in tow.

All sorts of people scrounge round him as they gather to greet Alexander.

They all wanted to talk to him and all of them wanted a piece of him, especially all the women, all of them beautiful and model like.