Chapter 17

There is a distinct difference between lust and love.

Lust is the strong sexual desire one holds for someone.

And yet love is something completely different.

To each person love means something else.

One person feels it one way and another the other.

Love can't quite be put into words but yet a mutual understanding of the word resides in us all.

So why is it that people blur the lines between the two?

They mistake lust for love and love for lust.

Once that happens, when a person commits that mistake they either come out broken and damaged, not knowing what to do or how to cope, while the others come out on top, feeling the utmost best they have in years. The feeling that comes in the form of self satisfaction and conquering something.

For me I know that the only thing I feel for Alexander James, is lust.

Even the word lust is to strong a word to use.

Simply an attraction to the man I work for and that is where I draw the line.

Whether I want to or not.

All day these thoughts have been plaguing my mind as I try to find a simple solution out of this conundrum.

Maybe spacing myself and remaining completely professional at all times will help?

One thing is a fact.

That Alexander James does not do relationships.

Yes I asked around the office, trying to remain inconspicuous which pretty much worked because everyone was willing to talk about their boss behind his back.

Alexander has been running this company for around five to six years now and through that whole time never once has he been with one girl.

But it's not like I can trust the receptionist down at the lobby.

I hardly knew her.

The whole week pretty much consisted of me asking around about my boss and me being completely professional in front of him.

I didn't give into his subtle glances my way nor the way he tried to get incredibly close to me.

The most I did was send a polite smile or two his way.

I could tell Alexander suspected something was wrong but he didn't bring it up and let me be in my ways.

*******

The day progressed as usual, at an increasingly slow pace.

For the better half of the day Alexander seemed to ignore me, and I him.

Returning back from the coffee shop for the second time now, I decided to get Alexander a coffee as well.

I didn't want to seem to rude and uptight in a way.

Heading up to the office I place my own coffee down along with the receptionist's, Moreece.

Placing it down she smiled up at me, shocking me.

Did she actually just smile?

Smiling back I head down the hallway.

Huffing out a breath I stand in front of Alexander's office and knock hesitantly.

I even stopped barging in like he told me too.

"Come in" calls out Alexander in a rough sort of voice.