Chapter 39

"What about this one?" I question coming out of the stall once more.

Just like last time, I had to put on a show for both Candice and Stella so that they could see how I looked and what not.

"Ew no." Say Candice, her nose scrunched up in disgust.

I glare at her, feigning hurt.

"Wow thank you so much." I mutter out sarcastically.

"I agree with Candice, that dress does you no justice."

Huffing I stand there as Stella and Candice both start talking about various dresses and cuts, things I clearly didn't understand.

"Wait! Didn't you say you had designed a dress for me." I say in
confusion.

If so, why was she making me try on others?

"Well yeah but still I just wanted to see you know." She smiles innocently.

Groaning in exasperation, I am quick to ask her,

"Can you please show me that dress, I'm dying to see it and not only that Candice and I have to be at work soon."

"No you don't. Alexander gave you guys the day off." Says Stella happily.

"I know but still I feel bad for slacking off."

"Jeez, if he was my boyfriend I wouldn't even bother showing up to work on time." Says Candice huffing.

"Same." Says Stella agreeing before scrunching up her nose, "okay no that's gross."

Laughing she finally decides to grab the dress which is in some room of the boutique I hadn't yet gone to.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe I'm hanging out with the one and only Stella James." Gushes Candice.

Noticing my confusion she mutters under her breath of me being oblivious.

"She's one of the top fashion icons and not to mention one of the best fashion designers in the whole of like the freaking world." She says exasperatedly.

"Oh." Was the smartest reply I could come up with which Candice just laughed at.

Finally Stella emerges with the dress though it was covered in one of those black zip bags so I couldn't really see it.

Handing it over to me, I grasp it, making sure to be gentle with it.

Heading inside the stall I can hear Stella clapping her hands together in excitement.

Smiling to myself I undo the zip and gaze at the dress before me, stunned.

I quickly pull the whole covering and stare there, gaping in wonder.

It was absolutely beautiful.

Now I understand how Candice always talked about falling in love a particular article of clothing or something along those lines.

Slipping into it, careful not to tear the delicate looking cloth, I look in the ceiling to wall mirror, situated in the dressing room.

The light pinkish almost cream looking dress clung to my torso like a second skin.

The intricate and delicate embroidery done on the bust gleamed in the light. The slight v shape showed off the slightest bit of skin which surprisingly made me feel confident instead of insecure.

Other than the tight fitting bodice the rest of the dress fell into soft tulle waves, descending from my waist and downwards, almost reaching the floor beneath my feet.