Chapter 42

"Coming." I call out as I hurriedly emerge from the kitchen and into the entering halls foyer.

Quickly looking through the peep hole, I smile in relief as I see the woman standing at the other end.

Opening the door, the green eyed,  woman greets me with an enthusiastic smile.

"It's nice to meet you once again." I greet out.

"Likewise," she smiles back kindly and hugs me through all the various bags in her hands.

"Let me help you with that." I say realising she's struggling.

"No problem, now anyways lets make you look even more gorgeous than you naturally are." She says winking while I take her bags.

Laughing, I nod and take her to my room.

Not even two minutes later does she take out everything she needs to and places it on the dresser in front of the both of us.

Various make up and hair products lay before me, some things I hadn't seen before in my entire life.

"So," I say trying to start conversation "Why didn't Stella join us?" I question out.

"She really wanted to but then Stella had to run some last minute errands and stuff."

"Oh okay."

"Don't worry, I'm great company and won't be a total bore while I make you look good."

We both laugh at her words as she starts to work her magic.

I was expecting both Stella and Abby but oh well, at least Abby was great company, true to her words.

After that awkward conversation with Alexander's father yesterday, none of us brought it back up and continued on with our day.

But I knew that when Alexander picked me up, the only thing the both of us would be focused on would be his fathers words and the whole marriage ordeal.

I wasn't freaking out.

But that was mainly because I hadn't really given it chance to settle in.

I was too scared to actually let that happen.

Time flies by as she works on my face and hair, having various conversations about idle things.

"So what's going on between you and Alexander?" She questions innocently.

"Stella's quite a talker isn't she," I muse, smiling.

Abby laughs and nods her head.

"I don't really know to be honest." I say with my brows furrowed.

"I'm assuming it's complicated?"

"You assume right." I say sighing.

"Well all I know is that Alexander likes you a lot and talks about you continuously, you're a great girl. Don't doubt yourself." Abby says kindly, voice full of honesty.

"Thanks Abby, I actually needed to hear that." I say gratefully.

"Well you're welcome and you are also ready."

With that she steps away from me as I get up from the stool I was sitting on.

Needles to say she had done a great job, with my usually messy scruffy curls for once now in loose lush curls.