Chapter 37

My suspicions slowly start to grow again as Alexander once more pops his head round from the kitchen.

"I've made some spaghetti and garlic bread, you sure you don't want me to make anything else?"

This is exactly what was making me suspicious.

All throughout the rest of the day Alexander kept doing various things for me from insisting on doing the bed, to cleaning the dishes and now cooking the both of us lunch.

He was being nice.

Too nice.

Narrowing my eyes at him he simply grins back at me, showing pearly white perfectly aligned teeth.

"That's perfect thanks." I mumble out still looking at him through narrowed eyes.

"Great, and you can put in a movie if you want, your choice." He says as he goes back into the kitchen.

Okay, yup, something was most definitely going on.

Alexander James was sucking up to me.

But I wasn't going to stop him, I'm going to let this carry on till I grow tired of it, I think to myself smugly.

After we had our mini play fight Alexander had gone home just for a little while to grab a change of clothes and then came back to my apartment.

He had sworn he wouldn't be leaving me anytime soon and would try to do whatever it took to take my mind off of the 'situation' at hand.

Switching through the channels I finally settle for a decent comedy, something that would please the both of us and then decide to help the loveable idiot in the kitchen.

Heading into the kitchen, I surprisingly found it completely clean while Alexander worked meticulously in one part of the room.

The smell of food wafting towards me made my stomach start to snarl in protest for the food to be made quicker, luckily though Alexander hadn't heard it.

Nearly bursting into laughter at the sight before me, I manage to hold it in.

There Alexander stood looking utterly adorable with flour smudged cheeks and hair lying messy on his head with his tongue sticking out as he tried to make the dough for the bread.

Alexander catches me staring so I quickly head over to him and rub my thumb on his cheeks to get rid of the flour.

He smiles down at me appreciatively and kisses me on the forehead as a thanks.

Deciding to help him out in some way, I go over to the sink and turn the tap on to clean the dishes.

"Oh no you don't," says Alexander looking at me sternly. "Shoo go relax somewhere, I'll do the dishes, you can go watch the movie or something."

Rolling my eyes at him I answer back in a slightly huffy tone.

"It's just a few dishes James don't worry about it besides I want to watch the movie together."

He looks at me weirdly before grinning again, "did you just call me James?"

"Yes I did now shush and get cooking while I clean up."

Luckily he listens to me and does exactly that.

In almost five minutes I'm already done while Alexander now moves on to cooking something else, not even noticing me standing there idly.

Heading out of the kitchen to go do something else, I look back at him once more.

He'd definitely make a good husband.