Chapter 24

Alexander James P. O. V

I sigh as I place my pen down, not properly focusing on the contract in front of me.

Leaning back in my office chair I swivel around to look at the view of New York City from the window of my office.

Gazing down at the busy streets below, Nora makes her way into my thoughts.

Nora's been playing on my mind more than usual.

But before I could simply retract my mind to the task at hand and now I couldn't even do that.

Just something about that dark haired beauty elicits a response from me that no one has ever been able to do before.

Sure I've had more than my fair share of fun with the opposite gender but it just isn't the same anymore.

I tried, multiple times to get my mind off of her but I simply couldn't.

She was like a drug I am addicted to.

Now more so than ever.

Ever since that bastard Sam walked into that restaurant a week or so back I knew something was wrong.

That bubbly Nora was gone and instead in his presence she seemed scared and timid.

Anger courses through me once again at the thought of his hands on her.

If I ever see that son of a bitch again I'll fucking murder him.

Clenching my fist, I slowly exhale trying not to get myself too worked up.

Just seeing Nora cry and come undone like that made me feel something I haven't in a long time.

It invoked in me the need for me to protect her.

And I would do anything I possibly could to fulfill my promise to her.

I had meant what I said when I told her I would come whenever she needed me.

I almost laugh at myself.

Since when had I become a sappy romantic person, pining after a woman?

Never has that happened to me.

People chase after me.

I groan out loud.

I can't even believe I had gotten Sarah in on it.

Sarah.

My childhood best friend.

Just even thinking of what I did makes me want to cringe in embarrassment.

I guess desperate times do call for desperate measures.

When Nora saw me the first time with Sarah she probably assumed what everybody did on the first glance.

That we were dating or something along those lines.

The both of us laugh every time we see the headlines in magazines and newspapers.

When Sarah had seen me staring after Nora that one day in the lobby, she pestered me continuously until I confessed.

Confessed what?

I myself don't know.

I just explained to her at the best of my abilities of what I could.

Sarah had laughed and claimed I had a 'crush'.

I still don't fully get what the hell that means.

So when Sarah had shown up at the office and told me of how Nora seemed almost fidgety of sorts at her presence, I thought that maybe just maybe she felt the same way I did.

That maybe she also thinks about me constantly and gets jealous every time I see her with that Caleb guy, how I feel threatened by every other guy that looks her way.

I wanted to see for myself if what Sarah was saying was true or not and so I asked her to do something that makes even me feel weird and wrong.

Sarah agreed to my plan and so we both messed our attires up a bit to seem like well you know.

It was worth it though, the look on Nora's face when she saw us together.

I felt a sense of ease as I knew she felt somewhat of an inkling of something, whether it be lust or liking, but it was still there.

We both had an attraction towards each other and I'll be damned if I don't act upon it.

The door slowly opening makes me turn around and I look up.

My heart stops for a second and then starts racing at the gorgeous woman in front of me.

"Uh I just have some files from the editing and publishing department. They want you to go through it and see if it's alright." Says Nora stepping in.

I nod at her, not being able to take my eyes off of her.

Maybe I could start my plan of action right now and kiss her senseless.

But deep down I knew I had to listen to that voice inside of me that told me to wait, that I had to go through this in a precise manner. I just couldn't rush into it.

Oh but how I badly wanted to do so.

"Alexander?" She calls out.

I nearly groan out loud at the way my name leaves her lips.

Trailing down to that exact spot my mind wanders to all the things we could do together.

I have to readjust myself in my seat and take my train of thoughts else where or I might get too excited.

Too lost in my thoughts of things I know I shouldn't be thinking, I don't even notice Nora coming closer to me until she swerves my chair around and places her palm on my forehead once again.

"I'm not sick Nora." I say in amusement.

"One can never be too sure especially with you." She mutters out.

Grabbing her hand off of my forehead I pull her closer to me and kiss her hand.

I know all of this is so wrong but I just can't stop myself from touching her.

She looks down at me and doesn't say anything so I gently tug her down, lightly making her fall towards me as I grab her and place her on my lap.

I watch in amusement as her eyes widen in shock.

I bring her closer to me, placing my chin on her shoulder even though she's tense I still enjoy holding her close to me.

"What are you doing Alexander?" She questions quietly.

"Cuddling." I respond back.

Nora giggles as she starts to relax into me.

She doesn't even realize how much her laughter lights up my world in unimaginable ways.

That's it, I've finally decided.

I'm going to make her mine in whatever way I can.

Let the wooing begin.

-----------

AN: So here's Alexander's pov as suggested by a reader so I hope you like it. I know I said I'll probably do a double update next Saturday but that was before I realized it's my birthday next Saturday. Yes I forgot my own birthday xD. I'll probably do a double update on Sunday instead. Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share