Chapter 38

"I can't believe it's not even been a month and you guys are already so close and relationshipy."

"Relationshipy?" I question with a brow raised.

"Yup." Replies Candice, not bothering to say anything else.

"Well I don't know about the relationship part but it's been more than a month." I say straight faced.

Time does fly.

It's been around a month and half, the second month now almost reaching completion.

Alexander and I did hang out but that was pretty much it.

No dates.

No staying at each other's places.

It was pretty sad to be honest.

Sad and lonely.

Okay maybe I was exaggerating a tad.

"Oooh you have that charity thing coming up don't you?" Candice suddenly remembers, wiggling her eyebrows or well trying to.

I laugh at her failed attempt and nod to her question.

"When is that by the way?" She further prods.

"Friday." I mumble as I drink my coffee.

Shock masks her face and she seems to loose quite a bit of colour.

Just before I can ask if she's okay she let out a screech.

An inhuman one at that.

"What? Do you have a dress? Shoes? Hair and makeup ready?."

Candice fires out questions one after the other not even giving me chance to reply as she freaks out.

It's like she's the one going.

"Calm down jeez. I thought I'd wear the same one as the date." I shrug indifferently.

A gasp comes out of her mouth and I barely duck out of the smack coming my way.

"You, you, idiot. You can't wear that. Oh my lord."

Laughing at her over reaction I question at her,

"What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that you've already worn that dress especially in front of Alexander and that Nora Davis will. Simply. Not. Do. And you need to look stunning, I mean there's going to paparazzi there and interviewers and all that jazz, not to mention you hanging off of Alexander's arm."

As she rants on about my stupidity I slowly start to understand.

As the weeks went by, I hadn't giving it much thought.

I mean it was just an event right?

But apparently not.

The whole Alexander being somewhat of a celebrity with him being a business mogul and all had skipped through my mind entirely.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. I'm screwed!"

Panic and nerves start swarming through me and my leg starts to shake ever so lightly under the table.

"Exactly." Candice deadpans.

Almost as if the good Lord was actually listening to my curses of misery, the best thing happened.

In the form of a small, purple haired, overly enthusiastic Stella.

"Nora!" I hear a screech from behind followed by a manlier voice telling her to quite down.