Chapter Three

Marionette

It was night time already. I was quietly sketching up new designs for a project I was working on. The theme is supposed to be favorite animal.

The dress was nice. It is supposed to flow at the knees while the back went to low calf. It was red and had black spots. Then it had a lady bug pendant on its collar.

I sighed at the drawing as my mind drifted to Adrien.

"Bugaboo" that nickname. I hated it but then it created a warm feeling. The boy himself was someone I didn't like but every time he was around me I felt, weird. I sighed in content and then a I heard a tapping. I tilted my head towards the trapdoor that led to my balcony. Probably the wind. I shrugged it off the continued sketching.

The tapping happened again and then a muffled noise. Curiosity got the best of me. I put down my pencil and then got up from my seat, making my way over. I opened it and peaked my head out. I heard a cat mew and then I climbed up. Near the railing was a tiny black kitten, mewing away.

I ran over to it cupping it in my hands. "Awe you poor thing. Where did you come from?" It mewed again softly and then playfully bit at my thumb. I giggled a bit and looked around the rooftops. How can he just wonder over here?

With one last glance I then walked towards the trap door. I heard a swoosh and then stopped. The cat mewed again purring my gaze on it. I then felt a hand forcefully go on waist and mouth pulling me back into the person. My cry was muffled and the kitten in my hands scrambled away.

The person started to drag me away. I wasn't going down without a fight. I elbowed them, making their release on me loosen. I twisted getting out of their grip and falling in the floor. I screamed seeing a man in a black suit. He had a mask on hiding his identity. His hands seemed to be claws. He had what seemed to be cat ears and a tail. His green eyes seemed to be burning right through me.

"Get away from me! Someone-" the man with inhuman speed, sped behind me and held me, covering my mouth.

"Hey. Be quiet I'm not gonna kill you yet" his voice was rough, at a low tone. I whimpered feeling tears streaming down my cheeks. I muffled another cry and felt my hand go behind my back and something tied around them.

"You speak you die. Simple" I nodded starting to hyperventilate as he finished and put his arm around my torso securing me. He then jumped up sending us both flying in the air. I muffled another scream as we jumped across the rooftops. Looking down I almost had a panic attack seeing Paris underneath me. I closed my eyes feeling a bit drowsy and I felt us hit the ground. My eyes blinked open to see a warehouse.

He dropped me to the ground, earning me to land on my side with a groan. He then gripped my hair tugging on it making me trudge behind him. "Please. Don't do this. I haven't done anything to you please don't-"

"Shut up!" I whimpered in response and he threw me into a room with a single dirty mattress. I scrambled over to the bed and then he took handcuffs out of his pocket. "Please no-"

"I said shut up!" I crawled back trying to get away but he grabbed at my bindings attaching them to the bed post with the handcuffs. "You get an hour. Then I'm coming back. Don't you dare do anything stupid" he walked towards the door and slammed it on his way out.

I'm gonna be dead in an hour.

~

It hasn't been a hour. It's been three. Every time a minute goes by I fear for my life. There is a rickety clock in a corner of the room on top of a dusty dresser. With each tick of it I freeze staring at the door. I can not just sit here and wait. I looked down at my bindings and tugged on them. I winced as they rubbed against my skin. I then looked around for anything sharp. To my luck nothing. 

The clock is made of glass. Why haven't I thought about  this before?

I struggled but got far enough to where I could sit on the floor. With my leg I reached out and kicked the dresser. It wobbles a bit and then I kicked at it again. It was right at the edge and with one more kick it fell making glass pieces go everywhere.

I reached out making a big enough piece slide toward me and brought it up to my hands. I made it rub up against  the ropes, releasing me. I sighed in relief and then heard a door open from the outside. Panicked I pretended I was asleep holding the piece of glass under the pillow.

I heard the door open and then footsteps. They seemed to be softer and I felt his presence over me. His hand then softly stroked at my cheek making me shiver.

"I'll kill you in the morning" he whispered, continuing to caress my cheek. His hand felt different. There was no glove. He wasn't in disguise as the Chat. My eyes widen and then I heard him unzipping something. He was moving behind me and I heard the drawer opening and his boots crunching against the glass. He grumbled and then he came into view.

He wasn't wearing a shirt and his back was too me. He was still in his jeans and he turned making me close my eyes. He seemed to be staring at me. He sighed and then I felt the mattress dip as he laid on it. I froze. I turned so my back was facing towards him, still pretending to be asleep. Then his arm went around my stomach pulling me towards him.

Sooner or later I fell asleep. I fell asleep with my killer.