Chapter Thirty-Two

It was all a dream.

At least I wish it was. I fell back asleep, the throwing up made me nauseous, he gave me something for it making me knock out. But then I woke up and he was speeding away.

He was tense all over. His face creased with worry, his eyes looked lost in his thoughts. His knuckles had turned white from his grip on the wheel.

"Adrien..." I lifted myself up on my elbow. He quickly glanced at me, his grip on the wheel loosening and his speed leading a bit.

"Thank god your awake. We are being followed"

"What by who?" He took a sharp turn making me lean foreword, he put his arm out protecting me.

"No time to explain, here take this it may get ugly" he handed over the Yo-Yo, my teeth gritted as I grabbed it. He suddenly stopped, my hands found the dashboard, stopping me from slamming my head on it. The tires had squealed, coming to a complete stop.

I looked ahead at a car. I didn't know cars very well but hey it looked pretty nice. It was Sleek with purple  and black designs scattered on it. The windows were tinted to the point where you couldn't see through them. Behind us a car of the same designs parked, blocking our path. A man had stepped out from the car Infront of us, four more men right after him.

"Get in the back, there should be a compartment under the seat where you can hide"

"I'm not going anywhere, Your out numbered and you will get killed"

"This isn't up for debate. I don't want you getting even more hurt"

"I've already seen fucking enough, I'm done with these people!" I opened up the glove box, grabbing his extra gun. I then opened the door to the car, stepping out.

"Marinette! Get back in here right now! Your not trained!"

"I don't care Adrien" The gun was hidden behind the car door, the man had looked at me, smirking. Adrien had gotten out of the car as well, his eyes narrowing at the man Infront of us.

"Mime"  Adrien's teeth had gritted and the man had smiled tightly, tilting his head. His skin was well purple, he was dressed in a black and white shirt under his black vest. A hat upon his head reminded me of the performers on the streets, of a mime.

He didn't speak, his mouth was just closed. He motioned something with his hands then a whisper in my mind. Hello cat and cats girl.

My grip on the gun tightened, suddenly fear started to take over my body. The sudden realization of the situation hit me.

"Listen we don't have to make this a problem now do we?" The men from behind us stepped out of the car, guns in hand. I opened up the backseat to put up protection between the men and I.

You know this isn't me doing this. I'm just a puppet in this whole act

"Who's your puppeteer than? Hm?"

That you will know in time. For now I'm a puppet. It's nothing personal Adrien

"What were you guys friends or something?"

"Yeah something like that" he took a shaky breathe. I looked through the opened car to see he had armed himself to with his pistol.

The Mime had then motioned something, his hands closing together. "Marinette move!" I dove out of the way as the car doors came closed. Then gunshots. I stuck next to the car as the shots went off. I reloaded the gun then had started to fire towards the people behind us. Gunshots had hit the back of the car, to close.

Adrien was taking care of the front, trying not to get pierced by the flying bullets. I glanced and the Mime's hands started to move again. Up. The car started to rattle behind me, the support from behind my back slipping off. I started to inch away from the uplifting car trying to get out of its way.

Eventually I was grabbed and the car had smashed back down where I was. Adrien had lifted us over the guard rail, we were both trapped, the only protection being the strip of metal.

Stop making this difficult for me. Just surrender Cat

"Alright how about this? You never saw us on the road. There easy"

She knows too much. She tracks your every move, do you not understand

"Who's she? Your director?"

Of coarse. She tracks us every move, every word for I cannot let this moment go.

Adrien had mumbled something under his breathe shaking his head. "Kim's dead!"

Mid motion the Mime stopped. He didn't breathe, his chest didn't move up and down, like a lump in his throat. There were clickings of guns until he raised his hand, signaling to stop.

That's not true. It-It can't be.

"But it is! We found his head in my fricken sink pipe this morning. One of your 'people' must've busted him out of jail and got to him" there was silence. Like he was in his own mind. A minute must've past until he motioned up and all the guns came out of the men's hands.

The pistols and shotguns floated around in the air until they dropped when he spoke again.

Go

"What?"

I said go. My men are unarmed and have turned around. His hands began to move again, the men on all side had turned around, struggling to move.

"Don't worry. You will be repayed" the car then was rolled up next to us. Adrien had took my hand leading me towards the car.

Don't worry. She will always find you

And with that Adrien had sped off, leaving the Mime and his men behind.