Chapter Twenty-Nine

As I walked out he took another puff of his smoke. He made small circles of smoke come out of his mouth. He glared at me then then threw the smoke down, crushing it under his foot.

"You ready?" I gulped nodding. There was a dull expression on his face, normally when I would catch him looking his face would rest, his eyes maybe had some light in them. Now they had no emotion, no light.

He reached into his pocket pulling out something then tossing it to me. I hastily grabbed it, I ran my hand over it. It was a small box, opening it, it revealed two earrings. I looked back at him confused, seeing he was still against the wall.

"That is how you will receive your Kwami. If its attached to you, you will get your Kwami. If someone else possess them your Kwami will be under their demands. Are you following?"

"So basically don't give this to anyone else"

"But me" he cut in.

"Of course"

"Now this sort of Gang has been around for many years, hundreds of years even, ever since...well very ancient okay?"

"Is that what made the Kwami's?" He nodded.

"No one knows, word of mouth didn't pass on that far and no one bothered to write it down. Kwami's are just ancient." He also chucked something else back at me. It fell to the floor. I picked it up seeing it was the ring he would wear. I've always noticed it but had never asked about it.

"Go ahead put it on"

"But you just said that the-"

"Put it on." I sighed.

"Wait why don't I just use the ear-"

"Well because there isn't a Kwami in there. Now stop asking questions" he crossed his arms across his chest.

"Okay..here goes nothing" It put on the ring. It felt like a fricken truck had hit me. All the air in the world was directed towards me, pushing down against me. Pain had spread all over my body. I think I screamed. I couldn't pay attention.

I fell to my knees, almost face planting until my hands stopped me from falling. My eyes were stinging, my vision blurring. I could only see a foot in front of me. My hands. They were growing, just at the finger nails. Forming like claws. I felt my teeth begin to throb. I felt as if they were bleeding from the gums. I glanced up through my vision and he didn't even move. Didn't even flinch, no expressions were shown.

~
Adrien

It's not like I didn't care. It's just she's got to push through it on her own. She was screaming, god the agony of it. My hand went to my stomach then back up. Blood. The effects have worn off that means-. I glanced back down to her, black smoke had surrounded her then had disappeared. She was on the ground motionless. Her clothes had changed to the cats. She was breathing. I could tell by the way her chest rose and rested.

"Mari" wincing, I bent down crouching. She still didn't move. "Marionette" there was a growling sound. Her hands begin to clutch the earth underneath her. Her legs begin to move, going towards her body. My eyes widen. "Holy sh-" she was up within a flash, running at me at full speed. Claws extending she pounced as I had just barely gotten out of the way.

She went passed me, struggling to stop as her claws dug into the dirt. Her eyes had gleamed green, they were hypnotizing. Her ears and tail twitched in annoyance. She was on all fours, stalking around me. "Hey snap out of it. Stop fighting it!"

Her eyes had narrowed from underneath the mask. She was still stalking low to the ground, like a cat. I tried scooting back, trying to get away but ended up backing into a tree. My teeth gritted as the wound on my stomach began to throb. My bloodied hand went over it, trying to add pressure to stop the bleeding.

"Control him" she had blinked, almost calming down.

Her eyes had dilated, her stance shortening. "Oh my- did..did I do that?"

"No you didn't. This is from the transformation, the healing effects hard worn off and the wound had opened again" cautiously she stalked over, her movements slow.

"Take it back then, I don't want you hurt" she went to take off the ring. I held out my hand telling her no, I held onto the tree as I got up.

"No we are here for you to get used to what a transformation can give to you. Can you stand up normally?" She glanced down at her body then back up. She nodded slowly standing up, her balance a little off. She adjusted, her hands going on her hips.

"Okay so now what"

"Let me see the earrings" she bent down to get them, then tossed the box over. Immediately I threw it back, chucking it full force. She caught it without blinking. "Cat like reflexes are still intact"

"I still don't get why I can't just practice without the Kwami. I could've killed you if I got a hold on you"

"But you didn't"

"But I-"

"This is all about control Mari. Controlling him, and controlling yourself"

"Do you really think I can do this?" She stood with her feet together, her hand holding onto her other elbow.

"I think you can. Why else would I even mention it?"

She opened her mouth to say something then stopped shutting her mouth. She pulled the ring off her finger, the black smoke forming around her again. When it disappeared she was back to normal.

"Alright then, I'm ready"