Chapter Fourteen

Marinette

I felt dirty. Blood was running down my legs, my clothes were full of dried blood, and then he- I shook my head of the thought shivering. Right now I sit in a cell. It was dark.

I couldn't think straight. Fear was devouring me as if it were predator and I was prey. Chat should be coming for me. If he cared. I don't think he did.

Yea he's kept me this long, alive. Yes he's been nice but maybe it's all a game. A game of chance. Roll dice and see where you move to next. I shivered as the cold air hit my bare skin. I moved my legs closer to my body, trying to gain warmth, Goosebumps running through my body.

It was useless at this point. And I'm talking about the thought of escaping.

I can't believe I'm not dead. The amount of blood lost, the amount of stab wounds. Some of them have to be infected already, knowing my conditions. I rocked back and fourth still curled up into a ball, hoping, waiting.

*6 days later*

Today was the day. I knew nothing would change. My scars just added on. I've felt more weak and weak and weak. Tears had already permanently stained my cheeks, as well as the blood on my body. 

More people came, to watch at times. They talked to the man who had 'fun' with me while he was in action. I didn't listen as I was trying to catch my breathe from screaming so much. Thy just watched. No emotion. Just staring. Almost enjoying my pain.

I was attempting to sleep now. Key word attempting. That was until someone kicked me awake. I jolted up and didn't even bother to fight back as he tugged at my hair. I followed, dragging behind and he led me to the same exact room. The same room where he's recorded me being tortured. The same room where he would end my suffering. Finally.

He dropped me to the ground, with a thud, and walked away. That's when I heard it. The voices of the other people that watched. They were getting louder, yelling. It was in a panic. The man came back into view, his eyes fiery with rage.

"This happens now!" He went out of view again, coming back he pulled me by my hair and I felt a cold object against my neck. He picked me up as I couldn't have the energy to stand.

The door burst open, I could hear that. My eyes being halfway closed I couldn't see who it was. I felt the sharp object go closer to my neck.

"Look what the cat dragged in" wait. Is that?

"Very funny Evillistrator or should I say Nathaniel"

"Ah your one step ahead me" Chat chuckled at Nathaniels remark.

"You don't want to do this. Do you? She dies. You die. You kill her. I'll kill you with my bare hands. Do you follow?"

Nathaniel shrugged. "Not really. One step closer and I end her, you didn't follow my instructions in the first place"

"No I didn't because I thought you would want more. Not just for me to reveal my identity, isn't that right?" My eyes gained focus of the world, not being so blurry and they widen in fear.

I stared at him. His hair was messy, his clothes simply rushed on. If he didn't wear the mask I bet he would've had bags under his eyes to meet the red color of his glazed eyes. He met my gaze, his face softening a bit. He turned his attention back to the man that held me, his face tensing.

"Have you already figured me out that far?"

"Maybe. Maybe not" my breathe hitched and I started to hyperventilate. I am about to die. I am about to die. "Mari. You okay?" Chat attention turned back to me and I shook my head.

"Does it look like I'm okay right now?" I looked down to see Nathaniel's grip on the knife tightened, my throat throbbing.

"It okay Mari. Relax. He's not gonna hurt you. Not anymore"

"I wouldn't be to sure of that Cat"

"Hey I wasn't talking to you was I?" I gasped and then Nathaniel came close to my ear.

"Times up" he whispered.

"Chat!" I screamed and then two people came up behind him, they grabbed him by his arms holding him back.

"Now Chat Noir, say goodbye to your ladybug" a sharp pain then went in my stomach. I screamed falling down. This is the way I go. The way I die. Tears pricked my eyes.

"No! You bastard! Face me like a real man!" He struggled in the others men's grip. Nathaniel walked up to him and hummed.

"Looks like I'm one step ahead" I heard growling and by my position I could only see their feet.

"Are you sure about that?" That's when both bodies that were next to him fell to the ground. Nathaniel backed up. "You see cats got claws" Chat then lunged for him, bringing him to the floor. He threw punches down, Nathaniel dodging them and pushing him off. They kept fighting and I had to get out of here. I gripped my stomach and slowly, struggling made my way up.

I winced, holding onto the side of the metal table. A crash was heard and I turned my head. Nathaniel held a knife by Chats neck, holding him down, he laughed.

"Is that all you got? You know after your girl dying I thought that would've made you fight. I thought wrong" I pushed my way through and then grabbed a knife that was on the table. Chat glanced at me and then turned his attention back to the man.

"Shame you think I could stab you right in the back in 3.." I got closer.

"2"

"What game are you playing?"

"1" I threw the knife hitting Nathaniel square in the back. He fell down to the ground and I saw black spots in my vision. I only saw him running towards me and I fell down, dizziness taking over.

I didn't make impact to the ground as he caught me. He sat down bringing me into his lap. "Mari. Don't close your eyes okay? Can you keep them open for me? Please"

"C-Chat I don't feel g-good" my eyes were fluttering close. I felt him pick me up bridal style and he ran.

"Stay with me Mari!" He brought me outside and started to yell.

"We need to get her to the hospital now!"

"We can't do that. We get her back to the house and we will find a doctor" he looked down at me worryingly.

He gritted his teeth as I heard the screech of tires. We started running again. We got in and he was yelling again. "Get her to the house then!"

"Chat.." I sucked in a breathe, moving my arm up. He grabbed it rubbing his thumb across my knuckles.

"Your gonna be fine. Your gonna be fine" then swarmed by darkness.