Chapter Eight

Marinette

It was raining now. I felt like I haven't been outside in ages, even though I was out a day ago. Even though it was raining. It was refreshing. Shame that the clouds blocked the sun, sending down water but still. Refreshing.

"Come on. Here put this on. Can't have anyone see you" he gave me a hat and a pair of sunglasses. "And put your hood up" I sent him a side glance sighing. I put my hair up in a bun and hat over it. I then put on the glasses, adjusting them on my nose. "Cute" he commented. I narrowed my eyes at his smirking face.

"Yeah okay whatever" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Come on. Remember keep your head down. Don't try and talk to anybody. Cars two blocks over" I gulped nodding and he put an arm around my shoulders.

"Oh wait!" We turned to see Tikki running down the stairs. She then engulfed me into a hug. She pulled back a bit. "Take care of him" I nodded in confusion and then she pulled away, a hopeful look in her eyes.

She then gave Adrien a hug. She whispered something in his ear and looked at both of us. "Please be careful" her voice came out soft.

"Don't worry ma. I got this" her eyes flickered between back and forth to us as we exited the walkway of the apartment.

He came down close to my ear. "Wrap your arms around my waist, keep your head down, don't look up, I will lead you. We might get stopped by paparazzi and that's when we run"

He pushed me towards him, making me clutch at his torso to stop my self from hitting the ground. I grumbled under my breath and kept my head down, staring at the wet concrete as we began to walk. After turning a block the traffic of people got crazier. He had to stand in front of me, making people get out of his way as I tried my best to keep up.

We made it to the car without suspicion and I slid into the passenger seat. "Alright. Mind you to take a nap, Italy is a little while out"

"How long?"

"Five hours minimum"

"Ya guess your right" I put the chair back, laying down. I closed me eyes and after a few minutes I felt his hand on my cheek.

"Night bugaboo" and I fell asleep.
~

I woke up in a room. The bed was comfy underneath me, soft. Where the heck are we? My eyes blinked open to see myself in a grand room. We must be here.

Wait I slept for five hours? Ugh. I'm not sleeping tonight.

I was still in Adrien's hoody and shorts. The hat and glasses were gone. I got up, pulling the covers off of me and walked lazily to the door. I opened it walking out, hearing muffled voices. I poked my head out of the corner to see a girl and Chat, his hand on her hips, while her arms were wrapped around his neck. I stepped back not wanting them to see me.

"-why would you bring a girl as a gift back to me?" His head tilted.

"Why would I bring a girl as a gift for you? I need you to hide her for me" the woman rolled her eyes.

"From what?" He was quiet for a bit.

"It's for a client and police think she's already dead. This will only be until I find another base" she smirked and then her hand found his chin, lifting it up.

"Okay. I get it. Are you sure it's not an excuse to see me over the weekends?"

"No not really" she put out her bottom lip, pouting.

"Awe, that hurt me right here" she found his hand and pulled it up to her chest. His face scrunched up a bit and then I went back. Feeling a pang of jealously.

Why the heck am I jealous? He's my kidnapper/killer.

I walked out into their view as her face was really close to his. "A-adrien?" He immediately pulled away from her and looked at me.

"Hey Bugaboo. Glad to see you awake" his face seem to relax seeing me. His posture relaxing. The woman gave me a glare. "Oh yeah... this is Lila. AKA Volpina"

My eyes widen at the name. "Volpina. Known thief in Italy. An assassin on call as well. Her biggest heist was  stealing art like the Mona Lisa" Lila then tilted her head to the side making me look in that direction. And there it was, the Mona Lisa, a framed painting on her wall.

"You like art?" She questioned, still clearly suspicious of me.

"N-no I'm more into fashion" she nodded and then turned back to him. "Anyways" she went close to his ear, whispering something. She was smirking and then his eyes widen. "See you two later" he cleared his throat scratching the back of his neck as she left the room.

I waited till she was gone. "Girlfriend?"

He coughed. "Ex" I hummed at his answer. At least they are not together. Wait what the heck? Why should I care?

"So uh. What happened?" I asked shyly. His eyebrows went up in surprise and then he smirked.

"Why do you want to know Bugaboo?" He came closer to me.

I felt my cheeks go red, "...n-no reason?" I was flustered. He hummed and then his hand, found its way to cup my cheek.

"Are you jealous because I was close to her, like this" his hand then rested on my waist. My hand were at his chest, staring up at him.

"I uh-"

"Are you jealous because she took my hand in hers, putting them on her chest" he grabbed my hand and put them both near my heart. My eyes widen as my cheeks burned.

"N-no I-"

"Were you jealous that she-" his mouth found its way towards my ear, and he whispered. "Whispered into my ear like this. Soft and smooth" he almost seemed to purr.

"A-Adrien I-"

He pulled away stepping back, the butterfly's in my stomach melting. "Guess not right? Silly questions. Now come on. We are going shopping like I promised. Extra clothes are in the drawer in the room you were in"

That little tease!