Chapter Thirty-Eight

<!> Suggestional theme up ahead <!>

He carried me to a room. He laid me on the bed , murmuring I chose to ignore. I simply nodded so he could leave. He sighed, leaving a lingering kiss on my forehead. He then shuffled back, worried expression on his face. He then shut the door behind him, leaving me in this mysterious room.

I then broke down again. Again. The tears pouring down as I held onto one of the pillows for some comfort. My body shook as every sob had escaped.

It was a while until all my sobs and hiccups had died down fully. I then just laid there in that bed. In that unknown scent that surrounded me. After another few minutes he came back. He came back with a towel and a washcloth. "Hey Laurie recommended a shower, come on it's through this door here"

He motioned to the second door in the room. I nodded again without saying a word. He helped me up as I robotically moved towards that door. He also opened it for me, putting the towel and wash cloth down. Then he turned on the water making sure it wasn't to hot or cold. "I'll be right outside, I won't be far" I nodded again as he left.

I stripped of my clothes then stepped into the warm shower. I closed my eyes, just feeling the showers water rush down me. It was calming. My eyes then opened to stare at the tiled wall. I might as well wash myself. I looked around for some shampoo, nothing. I groaned in annoyance, I pulled the glass door back a tiny bit so my voice won't echo as much.

"A-Adrien. I need shampoo!" I yelled out. I closed the glass door again. I heard the door open, seeing him come in. I opened the glass door, putting my hand out so he could pass me the bottle. Instead his hand pulled back the glass Door and stepped inside! My eyes widen as he pushed me foreword to step fully inside. I froze as he closed us in together in the shower.

"Hey just relax, relax. I still have my boxers on" he turned up the heat to the shower by a little bit, having to reach over me to do so. I couldn't seem to move, I felt paralyzed from how close he was to me. Or rather how close he was to me. It was like he thought he wearing boxers was gonna make it better. But I had nothing to cover myself, I was bare and exposed. I then felt his hands run through my hair, they were cold?

"W-what are you doing?" I tried to keep him from coming to the conclusion that I was in total fear.

"I'm just washing your hair. You needed shampoo right?" I nodded, his movements continuing. He kept bunching up my hair, the foamed bubbles clearly present. I tried to steady my breathing, I tried. But the fact that I was so vulnerable right now, that he could just take me against this bathroom wall scared me."Stop fidgeting. I'm finished" I let out my held breathe and stepped back a bit so the water can run down my hair. He hummed a bit as by doing this I had to get even closer to him.

"See this isn't so bad now is it?"

"No it's worse" my voice came out like a whisper. He wrapped his arms around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Tell me why"

"I'm vulnerable. I don't like being vulnerable especially not right after-" I got choked up again.

"But the difference is your not vulnerable. Being vulnerable means that you can't fight back against the force, unable to do anything against it. Yet you got me wrapped around your little finger. I'm most vulnerable when it comes to you sweetheart, no gun or knife wound will kill me, only you can" I didn't even notice I had leaned my head against his bare chest. Just listening to him. Him and the running water which had already steamed up the glass.

"Your my only weakness. You need to understand this" i closed my eyes, just feeling his hot breathe on my neck, hotter than the showers water.

"Why are y-you telling me this now?" He sighed, leaving a kiss on the side of my head. My eyes opened again trying to look for him but I couldn't turn to look. He will see to much.

"Because I love you. And when you say you love someone you hope they trust you as much as you trust them. Do you trust me Marinette?"

"You saved my life of coarse I trust you" I said automatically, as if it was instinct.

"But do you mean it? Really? No I need more than that" I felt his fingers trace against my skin, around my collar bone.

"I do mean it. I do"

"But I got you into that mess. I had to take you out of it, that doesn't count"

"You got me into this life Chaton"

"I know that and I did it as a job then became selfish. I had to protect you. I've known you were my weakness since I saw you in that bakery. It was the best birthday gift I've ever received"

My eyes widen. "So it really was your birthday?" I remembered that cake. That sad lonely cake.

"Stop trying to distract me. I'm already distracted enough" he seemed to have growled in annoyance.

"I do trust you"

"Why?"

"Because you brought me into this life. Because you put me into danger"

"But-"

"Let me finish" I took a deep breathe then turned around to face him. His emerald eyes had widen, his hair had laid low almost covering his eyes as it was wet. I stood on my tippy-toes brushing his hair up so I can see his whole face. "I do trust you because when you brought me into this mess you still kept me alive and you allowed me to love someone, allowed me to care for someone. Someone who treats me as an equal and wasn't just a dump and go"

With that I leaned up kissing him on the lips.