Chapter Twenty-Seven

Later that night I went out. I woke at about 11:34. Mari was still sleeping, hopefully she had gotten up earlier to eat. I stretched making no noise so I wouldn't wake her. I went over to the duffel bag on the floor grabbing the leather suit.

I started to put it on when I heard a voice."Watching you guys sleep is soothing for some reason"

"Yeah because that's not creepy" I zipped up the top half and turned to her. She had a cut lip and beaten face. "What happened to you? Bar fight?"

"Haha very funny cat" Lila slipped down from the windowsill, dropping down quietly.

"You know I'm trying to get dressed" she gave me a dumbfounded look.

"Like I haven't seen you without your clothes on" a low growl formed in my throat in warning. "Your whipped aren't you?" She made her way towards Mari's sleeping form.

"Whipped?" Her gloved hand had traced over the girls forehead, brushing the hair off.

"She's got you wrapped around her tiny little finger, the old Chat would love for someone like me to be in such close proximity to you" she moved away from the sleeping girl, moving closer to me.

"It's not that I'm whipped it's that I've changed. Is that so hard to understand?"

"What prison change you? Please. Do you cuddle with kittens and play with orphans now?"   I rolled my eyes starting to walk out of the room, she followed me out and I shut the door quietly behind her.

"What happened to the restaurant?" I leaned against the door.

"Change of plans because the poliziotti was stationed all around that place, swarming it" my eyes widen.

"You mean that-"

"Someone is onto us. They knew your identity and they know where I go. I have a feeling it's the Akumas"

"You mean that-"

"When you killed their leader you set up gang war!"

"It was gang war the minute they took Mari"

"That's not an excuse. How could that be an excuse? They took a girl and you've risked all of our resources to find her. When you went to prison matters became worst here. There was an attack at one of the bases in Hong Kong"

"My father was at a meeting in Hong Kong not to long ago"

"Yes the attack happened a few days after. Did you tell Marinette about the training?" I sighed.

"Sadly this is what it comes down to"

"She has three months and then the process had to happen, that's your deadline" I gulped as she began to take off her mask, revealing more of her bruised face. "Now if you don't mind I'm gonna try and relax" she sighed, starting to walk away.

"Yeah you do that" she glanced back at me with a sudden sadness dripping over her eyes. She went back to her objective, getting away, maybe from me but it was to get away.

With that I went back into the room, falling asleep again.

~

Marinette

3 am. I've been sleeping for a while now.  Adrien was sleeping soundlessly next to me. His back was to me, the steady rise and fall of his stomach was soothing.

My stomach rumbled as I swung my legs over the bed. I got down trying to make no noise. I got out making my way down to the kitchen. I opened the curtain a bit to let some moonlight in. I opened the fridge grabbing a container of pasta. This shall do. I put it on a plate and placed it in the microwave.

I waited, staring into the darkness. There was a noise from next me making me jump. Green piercing eyes. "Plagg! Hi kitty"  he mewed again as he rubbed himself on my hand, purring. I picked him up cradling him in my hands. "Your getting big" and so he was. He looks to be no longer in his kitten stage, his belly a bit fatter too.

The timer went off on the microwave, meaning I had to put him down. I took out my food, sitting on the kitchen stool to eat. I had a few bites, suddenly staring off into the distance.

I was in a trance. Again. Staring at the old clock. The ticking sound seemed to get louder, the repetition of the sound getting slower. I blinked a few times, going forward in time. The ticking sound went to its normal tempo and I took another bite of my food.

After I was done I put the dishes in the sink, sitting on the couch again. Plagg came back over, curling up on my chest and purring. I giggled a bit, petting his fur down. He seemed to be sleeping so I stopped petting him, letting him rest.

"It's the calm before the storm isn't it?" I looked up to see Lila, leaning against the door frame of the living room.

"I guess it is...how long have you been up for?" She shrugged.

"Couple hours, I normally don't rest after a mission just incase someone followed me"

"Looks like you took a uh..beating" her eye seemed swollen, a bandage had ran across her thigh, some bruising on her arms.

"Well what can I say, better than getting shot in the gut" she sneered. She saw me tense up and chuckled. "I'm only teasing you, heard you and Chaton had some disagreements"

"That is non of your business now is it?"

"It is when your under my roof, eating my food and sleep in my bed" I stayed silent only to see her get closer. "You better not be a disappointment when you become apart of us. We don't like to keep secrets from each other girl"

With that she turned on her heel leaving.