Chapter Fourty-Three

Marinette

"There's been a massacre at a private club on the outskirts of Rome last night. More than fifty people are reported dead while over twenty more are reported to be in critical condition. One of the witnesses said 'It was like it was war, the innocents being outnumbered by a whole army'. The shooting had began to start in the back room of the club then had made its way through. Another witness had reported this to be the work of only one man! But with more evidence the police had concluded it was done by at least three peo-" he had came into the room turning off the television. He then stalked over to the window, his hands bloody and shaking. He pulled back the curtain to look out the window, the light coming into the dark room.

He let out a shaky breath closing the curtain again. His bloodied hands ran through his hair. He started to walk, the glass from the broken mirror crunching under his shoes. "I need to get you out of here. You need to leave me. I need you g-gone" he speed walked towards the door, grabbing the duffel bag there. He put it on the table, putting in all the clothes I had put in the drawers.

"Your coming with me...right?" Through the darkness he had looked back at me, his green eyes glowing. He then went back to what he was doing, packing my things together.

~

"Where are you taking me?" He wasn't answering me. Why was he doing this to me?

"We are almost there, please just g-grab your bag" my mouth gaped open to say something but I couldn't. I know what he did last night but what had set him off? Was it me? He wasn't telling me what happened last night. He wouldn't tell me what happened to Well..me.

We pulled up to a broken down church. He parked the car, taking the key out of the ignition. He got out, the door slamming behind him. He walked over to my side, grabbing my bag from behind me. He then opened the door for Me.

"You didn't pick up your bag like you told too. Let's go" I gulped, cautiously getting out. He shut the door behind me, making me flinch. He then started to walk towards the what looked like abandoned church. I had to jog a bit to catch up to him. We walked going in front of the entrance. The door seemed to be lodged shut. He had bent down lifting up a rock to reveal the key pad. He entered a code in and the door had opened up.

It revealed a busy building. People walking around hurriedly, enlisted into their own conversations. Then someone had walked up to us. A man. He looked alarmed, rushing over to greet us.

"Chat? What are you doing here? We weren't expecting you for another week"

"I'm sorry I didn't call earlier. Something bad had happened and I need her here now" Adrien had revealed his bloodied hands, the mans eyes had widened.

"Hey we need a medic!" The man had yelled making one come to his aid immediately.

"No..NO! I don't need one it's not my blood" the mans eyebrows raised.

"At the club. That was you"he said slowly and Adrien nodded quickly.

"She needs to be away from me. It's coming back. I don't think it's safe for her" wait what? I went to say something but their conversation prevented it.

"When will you be back?"

"Two months. When her training is over. T-that should be enough"

"Cmon man. Don't you think you would be better going back to the hospital or-"

"No! I need to do what I need to do" the man frowned. My bag had dropped on the ground as I had fully turned towards Adrien.

"Y-your leaving me?" His face had shown hurt. He fully turned toward me.

"I-I have to. Your not safe with me anymore. I'm a danger" his hand had hesitantly cupped my cheek. His other arm resting on my hip.

"What are you talking about? You can't do this! Dont you remember? Now that I'm in this world with you it's safer to stick with you! Don't do this!" I screamed a bit at the end making him grit his teeth.

"No your not! My condition is starting up again. I need you away for some time. I fear I'm going to hurt you"

"Then stay here. Let these people help you. Don't leave me"

"No they can't contain me, let me lash out on my own. In two months I'll come back. I should be fixed by then. Listen Marinette" he sighed, stepping away.

"I don't want you to ever come near me during those months. Don't call me. Don't text me. Don't send a message. Don't try to find me or stop me. I need to control myself. Please promise you won't come after me, please" I shook my head, my shoulders starting to shake from the sobs escaping my mouth.

"N-no! No! I cannot promise that! W-when your gone I-I will stop at n-nothing to find y-you"

"Marinette. I haven't forced you to do anything. Not yet. I didn't plan to, don't make me" it was hard for him just like it was for me. My eyes closed, wanting to lean into his chest as I continued to hiccup.

"You can't leave me. Not now. Y-you can't" he only stepped back farther, towards the entrance.

"Two months. Then I will be back. I can promise you that" he turned his attention back to the man. "Cato..take care of her please" the man had nodded, coming up closer behind me.

All I could do was stare at him, at Adrien. He was leaving me. It felt like he wasn't going to come back, like I was losing him for forever.

"Marinette... don't forget the promise. Don't forget that I love you and I'm doing this to keep you safe Bugaboo" He then approached me, giving me a light kiss on my head, his hands shaking. He reached into his pocket then had grabbed my hand making me reach out. He put something in that hand, closing the hand right after.

"Don't forget. I'll be back" He then started to walk away. My hand still clenching around the object he had gave. I was in a trance. I felt like I couldn't move. Couldn't speak. I just watched him walk away. Then I found my voice again, coming out with a scream.

"No! This is not goodbye! Don't do this!" He didn't even look back as I continued to scream for him to come back, to not leave me. He simply stopped. His back turned to me. He was fighting against himself. Wanting to turn back. At least that's what I hoped was happening.

Turn around. Please just turn around.

But then he walked out, the door shutting behind him. At that moment I felt broken. Empty. I fell to my knees, not sure of what to do anymore. Or what will become of next.

A/N

The end is near my loves

Also Merry Christmas to those who celebrate