Chapter Seventeen

The dress was a bit 'revealing' for my liking but it was the only one to fit my small body. My scars were still showing making me a little self conscious, I put a little makeup on them to cover them.

I managed to put my hair up in a pretty bun and did a little bit of makeup on myself. I sighed and then looked down at the countertop. There was a box with a tiny note on it. I lifted it up and then read the note.

This is the cloaking device. Keep it on.
-A

I opened the box and it revealed a beautiful necklace. I gasped. Are these real diamonds? I stared at the red light on the back of it, must be deactivated. I tried to put it on and couldn't. I walked out and down the stairs, seeing Adrien at the bottom of the stairs. He was trying to tie his tie.

"Are you having trouble there?" He looked up and his emotionless face went into shock. I walked down, his gaze burning into me. I got to the bottom stair, standing in front of him.

"Y-ya, ties aren't really my thing" I took the tie from his hand and wrapped it around his neck. I knotted it correctly and stepped back.

"Where you learn to tie a tie?"

"My papa always had trouble" I gave him a faint smile, the memory killing me inside. "But uh can you help me with the necklace?" He nodded and I handed it to him turned around. I lifted up my bun a bit and he hooked the necklace.

"There" his voice came out soft. I smiled a bit and then held out his hand. I looked back down at the necklace, a tiny green light on.

"Shall we?" I took his hand in mine and he lead me outside.

~

"Adrien. May I look now?"

"Nope we are almost there" he was leading me somewhere. "Okay open" he removed his hand from my eyes and the view was breath taking. It was all of Paris. The lights seemed to shine like stars, illuminating the streets.

"It's amazing"

"Yeah it it" he hugged me from behind and I smiled. I rested my head against his chest and then gazed up to meet his eyes. "Shall we eat?" I nodded and he led me to a table that was set down. He pulled out a chair for me to which I sat in.

"Such a gentlemen" I put a hand over my heart and he chuckled again.

"Well manners is respected believe it or not among the mafias, I've been to countless amounts of my fathers meetings" a server rushed out and put two plates down in front of us. Then menus are passed down.

"Que voulez-vous boire?"

"Do you like wine?" Adrien tilted his head.

"Yea but I don't drink it often" (To all my fellow Americans The legal age for drinking wine in France is 16)

"We will take a bottle of Dom Perignon" my jaw dropped as the waiter left.

"Isn't that wine supposed to be super expensive?"

"Hello. Villain at night super model by day" I rolled my eyes and giggled.

~

Now we are dancing. The music was played slowly and both of us were rocking back and forth to the beat.