Chapter Twenty-Six

I laid on the couch super exhausted, I had stayed up the whole car ride, just watching the scenery. Adrien didn't talk much, I guess we were both just browsing through our thoughts. I myself didn't even want to start conversation. We've been through so much, to much.

My eyes were shut, trying to rest. I felt the couch dip on both sides of me, then a warm sensation on my neck. My eyes fluttered open to see him, working wonders on my neck. I groaned making his pace go faster. He started to make his way down, just below the collar bone. He made eye contact with me, his emerald eyes..glowing?

"Adrien?" He seemed to have growled as my hands started to push him off. He grabbed them by the wrist, lifting them over my head. He continued, dangerously getting lower, and lower. "Adrien get off!" I screamed into his ear. He jumped up landing behind the couch. I scrambled up looking over the couch. He sat there, his head tiling as he stared at me.

"Are you alright?" His pupils seemed to get bigger, his eyes almost fully black. I glanced down at his hands to see them claw like, like a cats.

"Hello prrrincess" he purred.

"Adrien?"

He hummed. "No not Adrien kitten. Chat. Chat noir" he got up again and laid down, his head on my lap. My mouth formed in an o shape. My hands had found his hair, twirling them in my finger tips.

"So your not Adrien?"

"No but this is the surprise he wanted to show you. He's gonna teach you how to get one of me"

"One of you?"

"I'm what they call a Kwami. I don't normally come to play, but when I do...I make things personal" I tilted my head a bit as his pupils started to dim down, getting smaller. "You don't think Adrien could've killed all those people without going insane, do you?"

"I-I don't know. Wait you mean I have to kill people?"

"Well I'm just allowed here to tell you only that. The rest is up to you if you want to become a hit woman or whatever. He just wants to protect you so an incident with the Akuma's don't happen again..." I tensed up a bit and he sat up. He closed his eyes and opened them again.

"Just..trust me" Adrien had grabbed my hand, his eyes had gone back to normal telling me it was him. His claws had shrunken back into normal fingernails.

"I do trust you..I just- I just don't trust what I'll become. Is this really something that can help me or am I just gonna end up hurting people?"

"Your gonna have to go through training first then after school you can decide after that. I can't let what happened to you happen again"

"Is that what you were thinking..in the car?"

"Yeah but the thought came when I went to go into my room to get something and you were changing. I didn't see anything but your back and all the scars...your too perfect to have that"

I turned away from him, hiding my face as tears raced down them.

"Just shut the fuck up! Your worthless! He's just going to kill you in the end, that's all he ever does! Assassins will never change, monsters will never change. Do you hear me?" Another crack of the whip, my throat was burning, tears had stopped, days ago. My whole body was already numb from all the torture, I just laid limp on the table, laying against the straps.

I took deep breathes sweat dripping down my skin and onto the torn up clothes. They were basically rags, now red stained rags. "He doesn't want you. Don't you get it?"

I didn't respond. I was just limp. "Don't you want to say anything to him?  He's probably enjoying these videos I'm sending him. Don't you think?" I moaned in response. I couldn't even say one word.

Another crack of the whip, my body jolting with it.

"Mari..Marinette" he was shaking me out of the trance.

"I'll do it"

"What?"

"I said I'll train damn it!" My voice rose before I broke down into sobs.

"Scream I want to hear you scream his name. Beg him. Beg him to save you!"

"No! Stop! Please!"

"I didn't hear his name!" There were laughs from behind him. I couldn't see them as they were hidden in the shadows. They kept hollering to the man, telling him to keep going or at me, practically mocking me.

I jumped when he touched me again , I swatted him away getting up. "I-I need to get some rest. I need to be alone" I was hiccuping.

He simply sighed. "Alright just call if you need me. Just take the same room you were in"

With that I left.

~
Adrien

I slumped back down on the couch in defeat. Maybe I should've ran after her, maybe she really does need to be left alone. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

I had to wait for Lila so I figure I'll get Mari when she comes back. I got up stretching. Something gleamed on the coffee table. I picked up the object, it was a note with a pendant on it.

I'm not gonna be home until late..on a mission. I have leftover Pasta in the fridge just need to heat it up. And Chat. Meet me on top of the restaurant at midnight and wait for me there

Love
Lila

I glanced at the clock, 4:35. Great. I sighed getting up. Might as well see if Mari is asleep or if she wants to eat. Quietly I snuck up the stairs. I stared at her door. The claw marks were still present, branded on the door. I gulped and quietly opened the door. She was sleeping. She was clutching a pillow, half her face buried into it. The side of her face that was visible was tear stained, scrunched up, maybe she was having a bad dream. Sweat was already starting to form on her forehead. I sat down on the bed, stroking her raven hair. 

She seemed to calm down a bit, her breathing became quieter rather than before. After a while My eyes begin to shut. Drifting off into slumber.