Chapter Twenty-Five

Adrien

I sat up, leaning against the back of the couch. She readjusted herself, getting into a more comfortable sitting position. I sighed running a hand through my hair once more. Her face was full of concern.

"Why did you get my father to help? How did you even do it?"

She took a shaky breath. "W-Well it wasn't easy..."

"Mari what did you do? You can tell me" she smiles slightly.

"I told him about you" I looked at her confused. "I told him about how even though your a serial killer you still have a heart" my hand had found her thigh, resting on it. She glanced down at my hand then back up at me.

"You really did that. And he thought that was enough payment to set me free?"

"Adrien your still his son. Any cost even free he would've gotten you out" I sighed.

"Do you know why I snapped at you and..and got drunk?" She shook her head. I patted her thigh. "My mom"

"Your mom?" She said slowly.

"Yea. She died when I was young and it turned my father for the worst. We started to get into gangs, he was an only parent with barely any money or anything. He taught me to fight, he taught me how to stalk and how to use a gun. I didn't really have a child hood"

"What sparked the thoughts though?" I looked back to make sure Tikki wasn't listening, then turned my attention back to her.

"My dad wasn't the nicest to my mom. He said some things during our meet up and- and.."

"You don't have to continue if you don't want to" I got up pacing a bit then crouched back down to her.

"Babe I really wanna tell you. I really do. I just-...I just can't say it. It's brings back my past it brings back everything and I don't know how to-" she bent down a bit, picking my head up by my chin and lightly pecked at my lips with her own. We both broke away but were still inches apart.

"Then don't. I can wait an eternity for you. When your ready you can talk to me alright 'babe' " she emphasized the pet name.

"Are you mocking me?" Through the glasses I narrowed my eyes at her.

"And so what if I am babe?"

"That means I get to do this" I jumped on her causing her to shriek. I chuckled as she tried to get away. I locked her in, wrapping my arms around her, caging her.

"No let me go!" She kept squirming as I just kept laughing. She slouched in defeat, leaning against me.

"Are you done squirming now?" I said in between laughs. 

"I'm to tired to deal with you right now. And-And stop laughing at me!" She angrily crossed her arms against her chest.

"I'm sorry bugaboo I just think your adorable" I kissed the top of her head.

"Adorable my a" I came close to her ear.

"I know it is" I whispered, lightly teasing her. Her eyes widen as she turned slapping me on my chest.

"You are a dirty cat" she then jumped up and back down right on my...ow. She scrambled out of my arms giggling as I laid back on the couch. "Don't ever do that again!"

"Never said that last night" I wheezed.

"Tikki! He's being bad!" Tikki came into view with the newspaper roll again. She smacked my head.

"Stop. Hurting. Mari. You. Stupid. Cat" I growled lowly grabbing the newspaper from her hand.

"Hey there's no need to hit!" She stuck out her tongue as I copied her.

~
Marinette

They had put up a news story about the escape. There was now an award in money about my whereabouts. Tikki had us packing to get going. We needed to leave again and I don't think we are gonna come back. I packed up whatever clothes I have left into a duffle bag.

I took a glance at the mirror my eyes immediately widen. All down my neck is a trail of hickeys. Stupid cat! I rummaged through my things taking out some foundation.

I had managed to cover them up and continued to pack my things.

~

"Adrien! Let's go!" Tikki was busy loading the bags into the car, I was leaning against the door frame. She had me wear some baggy clothes, a big hoodie and some baggy pants. The hoodie had covered up half my face, I had  to lift it every once in a while to actually see what I was doing. I heard footsteps and glanced up, my vision blocked.

He chuckled picking up the hoodie to see my face. He lightly pecked at my lips making me giggle. He was wearing  something similar but  a bandanna covering his hair.

"Here bugaboo" he slid some glasses on my face. I pushed them up noticing they were a bit big for my face.

"Are we gonna go back to Italy?" His face seemed to turn into sorrow.

"Sadly...but don't worry I have a surprise for you when we get there" I titled my head.

"Ooo tell me"

"That's why it's a surprise, I can't let the cat out of the bag" my lips twisted as my arms crossed my chest.

"No fair" he kissed at my lips again, his hands finding my waist.

"Hey! Let's go stop with that! I don't want to be an Aunt again!" Adrien pulled away.

"Ma-"

"Oh no I cursed it! I told my sister that and then boom. Baby Adrien in a little crib" I blushed a shade of red, giggling at the thought of Adrien as as a baby.

"Ma sto-"

"And then all he did was cry and cry left my poor sister exhausted. Oh Mari babies are horrible. Adorable but horrible don't let him do that to yo-"

"Ma!"

"Oh I'm rambling I'm sorry my loves. Time to get in the car now" Adrien groaned as I giggled again getting out of his grip. I have Tikki a hug saying my goodbyes. Adrien did the same still pouting a bit. "Now be safe already. Keep her safe" he nodded.

"I will. I'll try not to call. But if I do it'll be on another phone I can't have them track you down"

"I know baby. Please be careful. I can't lose you too" she had stroked his cheek, he leaned into her touch humming.

"I know. I love you Ma"

"As do I my Chaton" a tear had escaped her glazed eyes landing on the floor. 

A/N

Guess who's back?