Chapter Thirty-Seven

Video from Criminal Minds one of my fav tv shows

Authors note please read as this is important

During this chapter Marionetteh will be transformed into a place of her past as Adrien is asking her questions. This method is called a Cognitive Interview. This method of questions brings the witness or victim of a certain crime back to when the crime was taking place. The interview requires certain questions to allow that witness of victim to remember certain details that they didn't remember before. A short bio of this type of interview is above ^^ also an example in the video. (Please watch the video)

The reason I brought this to you attention was for you to better understand the next events happening in this chapter. Ok anyways thanks for reading this and enjoy the rest of the chapter.

Toodles,

Maddy G

It was silent for a few moments, each time chipping away at my heat, breaking me. Her eyes welled up with tears. "I-I'm sorry...where's the bathroom?"

"Mari please don't.."  she got up and then ran to the staircase. "Marinette!" I got up following after her, earning a questioning glance from Mark as I ran upstairs. Coincidently she found the bathroom. She locked herself in there, not allowing me to walk inside. Calmly I knocked on the door, sighing. "Hey I know what I said. I just want to talk Alright?"

All I heard was her little sniffles, she was crying. "Bugaboo...please let me in. I just want to talk" then it went silent again. I heard the click, the door was unlocked. I gulped stepping in then was immediately tackled into a hug. I held onto her stumbling a bit as she began to sob into my shoulder. I whispered into her ear, saying it was okay, that they wouldn't hurt her anymore. I slid down the wall, still holding onto her.

"You know if you keep on crying on me I might as well put my shirt in the washer, and that's just a cat-astrophe" she laughed through her sobs , leaning back to reveal her wet face to me. With my hand I wiped away her tears. "Oh..there's my girl"

"Please...please don't make me talk about-about it anymore" my face dropped seeing how much this seemed to have broke her. Those bastards are going to pay.

"You know I can't do that...I wish, just wish to lock you in a room to keep you healthy and well forever. So no one can get to you. But Mari I can't I need you to tell me who was in that viewing room" she bit her lower lip, trying to hold back the memories from the experience, or so it seemed like.

"I-I don't remember"

"Come on you can do it. Just remember. Think about your surroundings, think about everything"

"Adrien I can't please don't make me"

"Yes you can just relax. Please baby you only have to do this once. Once and once only. Then we will never talk about it ever again"

~
Marinette

"I can't"

"Close your eyes and breathe. Think. What was the smell?" I closed my eyes, remembering my living nightmare. Then the scent came into my nose.

"B-blood and sweat" the combination wanted to make me puke.

"Okay your doing good now what do you hear?" In the blackness I saw were the sickening wails and cries, the sound of the whip smacking against my skin before it. I only felt my throat close up, my grip on his shoulders tightening as I felt weak, unable to hold myself up.

His hands were rubbing soft, soothing circles on my hips. "The s-sound of the whip...their laughs...t-taunts. Oh god" I kept feeling weaker and weaker. It was as if everything from my past was real again. I was beginning to become hysterical, how can he understand my words?

He whispered into my ear. "You got to calm down. Calm down and then think. They will never touch you again" he gave me a few moments before pressing on. "What did you see? Just hold on in there for me"

I shook my head. "Nothing to see to blurry. Just him. Just him as he taunted me. J-just h-him"

"No there's more. Get rid of the blurriness. What do you see?" I kept shaking my head, loud cries coming from my mouth. "Hey shhh..it's alright, your okay"

He kept going. Slashing at me, teasing the knifes across my skin. Why haven't I died of the blood loss yet. The sixth day was the worse. Oh he had his fun. They were laughing. Taunting. My eyes started to blink. Why was I here again? I wasn't at the home anymore I was back here. I then stared up at Nathanial.

"In one day the cat will be revealed my sweet. There is no where else for him to go. Your mine once he falls for my tricks. Then we can have endless fun" I was sobbing again. Knowing what he could do to me. Worse then what's he been doing to me. Then another voice, beckoning Nathanial to come over. He stopped, dropping the knife on the floor in front of me. He then talked to a woman it looked like.

"What did she look like? That woman" Adrien talked to me from outside of my trance. I continued to stare up at who that man was talking to. I couldn't see. I couldn't see anything.

"I can't see her...she to far into the s-shadows" I felt his hand start caressing my hair, smoothing it down.

"That's alright do you see anything out of the ordinary? Anybody else new there" I kept looking around, my head was throbbing not allowing me to move as quickly. I stared around him. Figures I couldn't see who.

"I-i don't know. To dark"

"Try for me. Try" I kept looking around. Then I noticed something.

"He's coming back. He's coming. Oh god not again" he was grinning. He bent down picking up the knife.

"Mari hang in there. Who do you see? Look behind him" I tried. But he was blocking my view. His voice sinister.

"Hope you had a nice five minutes. Time for some fun again"

"NO!" I felt Adrien shake me out of it. My eyes snapping open. Once again I turned hysterical, crying and crying as rocked me back and fourth.

A/N

Hey uh for those who celebrate Happy Thanksgiving!🍁🍽🦃