Chapter Thirty-One

He slept in the other room. After my shower I was expecting him to be already there, laying down with his back turned away from me. But he actually didn't bare to be in the same room as me. It felt lonely, laying down it felt cold. I tried to wrap the sheets closer to me, trying to get warmer. All I could do was shiver the whole night.

~

I woke up scared. I know that. I just don't know what I was scared of. I know there were beads of sweat, scattered on my forehead and loose clothes. But the room was freezing. Quick breathes. Short breathes.

My eyes were darting across the room, as if something there had terrified me. But it was the same room as before. The shades pulled closed, the closet, the light lighting of the small candle put up in the other side of the room. The white bed sheets on the white bed with a dark wood bed frame.

My breathe had slowed and I ran my hands over my face. It was just a nightmare. Or was it? My feet went over the bed and into the cold floor. I made my way to the bathroom. The light almost blinded me making me blink a few times. I turned on the sink gathering water into my cupped hands.

I splashed it onto my face wiping away the droplets with a hand towel after. Then I just stared at myself in the mirror. My red eyes brightening the blue of my eyes. Dark circles had already formed under them. Wait. I looked at my face more carefully to see an outline of red, circling my face. My hand went up to touch the new coloring.

My eyes widen, staring at the mirrors reflection. I couldn't open my mouth to scream. I couldn't open my mouth to say anything. I felt like I was choking on my own breathe. God I couldn't breathe.

Blood. Blood had been smeared on my hands and face. I turned on the faucet again and out dripped blood. And with that, my body seemed to have created noise as I screamed at the top of my lungs.

~

He rushed in with a knife, as if someone had broke into the house. His face looked tired then filed with worry as he saw my smeared, bloodied hands. He put the knife down on the counter top, grabbing my hands and inspecting them.

"What did you do? Why are you bleeding?" My eyes were still stuck on the faucet, breathing heavily. He glanced over to it then back at me. He gently let go of me and went over to it. He turned it on, the blood dripped back out again. He shut it off and then bent down, opening the cabinet under neath the sink.

His eyes flared as he had slammed the cabinet doors closed. "Holy shit... I need to get Lila, whatever you do, do not open that cabinet. Here sit down on the edge of the tub" he looked as if he saw a ghost. I moved numbly, sitting down where he had told me to. I couldn't move, I just kept staring at the cabinet, wondering what was in there or-or who. 

He stepped back out slowly then had sprinted out of view. All I did was sit there. My expression unchanging, my breath pattern still deep. Maybe it was minutes, seconds, for all I know it could've been hours since they been gone but they came. Lila was still in her pajamas as she walked in, a frantic expression on her face, something I haven't seen before. She did the same as Adrien, bending down and looking in the cabinet.

But she didn't shut it, instead she reached in, struggling to lift something. Then she took it out. It was a head. Cut off from the neck. A clean cut. The blood still was steadily dripping down from the open neck.

"That's-That's.." I finally spoke, trying to get the words out, but the horror I saw was unspeakable.

"Kim" Lila dropped the decapitated head on the floor and it rolled towards my feet. I just kept staring at Kim's dead eyes. They were filled with fear, glazed over with death. I the sight was disgusting, his face was barely recognizable as it was filled with cuts and bruises. Blood was stained everywhere.

"Oh my god-" I felt something in the back of my throat, I gagged then bent down chucking up the contents of my stomach. I felt someone pick up my hair from behind me, both of them started to yell at each other.

"I told you not to fucking show her!"

"It's not my fault she can't handle a head ornament"

"Your sick! That's Kim. She just met him and we left him behind when we escaped, think about what she is going through"

"She decided to come into this life. She better get used to i-"

"Just s-stop. S-stop!" I was sobbing, the burning in my throat, the burning in my stomach was multiplied when I spoke. I kept sobbing until another round of puke came up. He was rubbing soft circles on my back, trying to soothe me as I couldn't stop. "K-Kim...Kim" I kept repeating his name, why him? Why?

"We are getting the hell out of here, we are leaving tonight" I think his attention was to me, I don't know.

"Wait. What about me? Are you just going to leave me here?" She sneered, picking up Kim by the hair.

"I don't care. For now I have to worry about her safety, not yours" he snarled back. I didn't pay attention to the rest of their yelling as I upchucked my guts out and into the toilet.