Chapter Twenty-Two

Adrien

Who wanted to visit? Maybe it was Tikki? I have no clue. The woman sat me in a room, removing my handcuffs. She then left me there. It was like the interrogation room I was in before. Steel table, steel chair. Except the walls were steel now, the door had a metal detector on it. I knew that from the beeping sound from when we walked in.

And now I wait

It was maybe fifteen minutes until that door opened. I glanced up as the door shut again and the footsteps neared. My eyes widen and my mouth gaped a bit. He sat down, catching my gaze and my head bowed down, avoiding it.

"I wish to speak to my son alone" someone grunted in response and the door shut behind them again. "Look at me" my eyes flickered up, meeting his cold gaze.

"Why are you here father?" My head tilted a bit. He tapped his fingers impatiently on the table and ran his other hand through his hair.

"A little bug told me a story" I looked at him in confusion then in realization. I bit my inner cheek and stared back down. I heard him putting his hands on the table. "Adrien why didn't you tell me?" I didn't speak. I was lost in my own thoughts.

What the hell was she thinking? Getting my father into this, is she nuts? She has a death wish.

"Adrien answer me-"

"I don't have to answer to you!"

"Adrien stop being a stubborn ass and listen to your father!" He got up at this point, fuming with anger.

"Since when did you become my father?" I stood up to, the metal chair scratching at the floor behind me.

"Since the day you got caught and was thrown in a cell, now if you want to escape this you will fucking listen to me. Now. Sit. Down!" I slumped back down in my chair.

~

Marinette

It's been about an hour. Someone had already escorted me to my cell. At this time the woman and men were separated. They gave me a cell by myself which was good. The ladies here are ruthless.

Ive been sitting on the hard bed they gave me, staring at the door. It was around night time now. My eyes stared to droop, blinking with sleepiness. Then a few bangs on the door and someone yelling. A buzzard sound and then the door opened. Adrien was pushed inside. He stumbled foreword catching himself and then quickly approaching me.

"Adrien what did he-" standing up he then immediately pulled me towards me, lips on mine. I gasped and then something sharp had hit my tongue. He kept me in place, lips moving with mine.

"Hey hey hey! Break it up!" He guard came in pulling him off of me as he fully transferred the  object in my mouth. This must be it. I put the object under my tongue.

"Access to everything, turn off cameras then meet downstairs" I nodded as the guard put his hands behind his back, pulling him away.

"That's enough talk!" Adrien kept his stance then spoke again.

"I only have five days so this has to be done now or our chance is ruined!" The door shut, leaving his muffled cries from the other end. Instantly I smirked and pulled the object from my mouth. It was a chip.

Smart cat.

~

The next morning woke up with a start. A siren was blaring and the cell door was open. I ran out, looking downstairs. It was a rampage. There was a huge fight. It was a free for all. Than someone came up the stairs.

"Hey Chat said you needed a distraction, now you've got it" I looked at the man in confusion and then Adrien came up behind him.

"Oh uh Mari, Kim, Kim, Mari" he stuffed his hands in his pockets and his eyes scanned me.

"Hmm, so this if your girl. Very pretty"

"And you know him from where Adrien?"

"Let's just say I'm Dark Cupid" I nodded slowly. "Now are we gonna go or just stare at each other"

"Oh right. Let's go. It's now or never" with that we ran. I led them towards one of the staff room doors, fumbling for the chip. "Mari is there a plan or?"

"Tikki said that this chip will get us into any restricted room. So-" I inserted the chip into the slot in the keypad. The red light went green and the door clicked open. "There should be a vent that leads to the outside" Adrien went in first and I heard someone yell. Then a crash. I ran inside to see an unconscious guard.

"Alright Mari let's go" I felt myself get picked up. Adrien led me over to the vent where I popped off the cover. "Go now so these guys friends won't show up!" I nodded as he fully lifted me into the vent. He cursed and his grip from underneath me loosened. Thankfully I got up in the vent before I fell to the ground with him.

"What happened?" I looked down to see Kim over Adrien, trying to help him up.

"His stomachs not doing so good, here Ima lift him up, pull him up!" I nodded as Adrien got up. I reached my hand out as far as I could as Kim lifted him. I grabbed his hand pulling him up. I fell back as he was pushed up suddenly. I groaned landing on my elbows.

I went to look down but Adrien put a hand on my mouth. What was going on? That's when I heard it. Guards. They found Kim. I wanted to get out of Adriens grip to help him but he simply shook his head. He motioned to go and I gulped.

"I'm so sorry Kim" Kim screamed as I heard the sound of a taser go off.